Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fnord.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: run for your lives!  (Read 2699 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
run for your lives!
« on: March 26, 2012, 11:57:38 am »

5k obstacle course zombie race

seattle/portland
b-more
southern california

if you want to sign up, you should do it soon.  space is limited and plenty of the spots are filled already.

also, you can be a zombie!
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: run for your lives!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 07:58:29 pm »

That is awsome. 

This morning I awoke from another of my weekly "you survived the Zombie apocalypse and now live is shitty" dream and went straight to the gym to run it out, so you can imagine that this would be a good thing for me.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: run for your lives!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 08:46:11 pm »

I'm thinking playing a chaser zombie might be a lot of fun.  SoCal is a long way off though.  Maybe they'll have one in SF or Tahoe one of these days.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: run for your lives!
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 08:48:31 pm »

Reposted on FB. I know people in or near some of those cities.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: run for your lives!
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 08:50:40 pm »

I never have zombie dreams.

Being absorbed by a techno-organic collective consciousness like the Borg from STAR TREK or the Phalanx from X-MEN?

Pretty frequently. Not all the time but pretty frequently. They are my go-to "supernatural/science-fiction" nightmare, it seems.

Losing my identity in a larger mind is a great terror to me, I guess, more than becoming a mindless consumer of flesh.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: run for your lives!
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 09:50:24 pm »

I never have zombie dreams.

Constant zombie dreams, here. Largest percentage of remembered dreams by far. Had one the night before last.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: run for your lives!
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 01:37:05 am »

I very rarely have zombie dreams. My recurrent nightmares usually involve being in a concentration camp.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: run for your lives!
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 07:37:07 am »

I just recently watched the first season of The Walking Dead and I was surprised by how much I liked it. I think someone told me or I read somewhere that it was really boring.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: run for your lives!
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 02:05:45 pm »

the first six episodes (season 1) were pretty great. The next two are good, the following six are so fuck*ng slow it hurts, and the last four of season 2 are pretty much awesome.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: run for your lives!
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2012, 06:11:25 pm »

Yeah, they fucked up getting rid of Darabont. I am glad nothing got spoiled here because I'm going home today and I've got the last one on the DVR to watch with my sweetheart.

The books are better.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: run for your lives!
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2012, 07:19:04 pm »

no dude they did the opposite of fuck*ng up when they swapped darabont for mazzara. darabont was responsible for the first half of the second season, mazarra had to recover. this was darabont's first show-runner job, he hadn't work in tv since he wrote for young indiana jones. mazzara ran the shield. he's the reason why the end run of season 2 was good.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: run for your lives!
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2012, 07:58:45 pm »

The Walking Dead has most certainly been responsible for my zombie nightmares.  Watching anything on a Sunday night, right before I hit the sack, especially if it's intense, is certain to cause a little seepage into my subconscious. 

When it comes to fight or flight, I'm more of a fight girl than a flight girl.  I love to run (on an eliptical machine) but as I've said elsewhere that's meditation for me, and I'm not driven by fear or anger.  In general, when I get into trouble, I much prefer to use my brains to outsmart than my physical self.  I'm pretty weak physically, and don't have a lot of interest in building up my physical strength to any significant extent.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: run for your lives!
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2012, 08:29:13 pm »

I am more of a fight girl, too. But although I like to think I could clever myself out of just about anything, I would, ideally, like to have the muscle to fall back on. And, failing that, to be a fast runner as plan C.

I'm either compulsively well-prepared or pathologically insecure. Perhaps both.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: [1]   Go Up