Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There are only five Wodehouse books on my special Wodehouse shelf?! As Jeeves himself might ask, "Where in the fuck are the rest of them."

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tuskeegee (LIonel Richie Goes Country)  (Read 1304 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Tuskeegee (LIonel Richie Goes Country)
« on: April 03, 2012, 04:22:36 am »

Heard an interview with Richie on NPR this afternoon about his new country album.  They played a few snippets and I suddenly realized he is the R&B (Disco? Funk? What is Lionel Richie's native style?) version of Kenny Rogers.

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Tuskeegee (LIonel Richie Goes Country)
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 04:36:22 pm »

R&B Easy Listening.
Not exactly my cup of tea either. 
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Tuskeegee (LIonel Richie Goes Country)
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 09:45:28 pm »

Yeah, Lionel fell off, but the Commodores take a back seat to no band when it comes to funk. I rate them as good as EWF (ok, P-Funk has them beat, but they're up there just below that echelon).

I'd rather know that Lionel's doing country as opposed to Jon BJ. Of course, I don't need to actually hear any of it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Tuskeegee (LIonel Richie Goes Country)
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 08:59:36 pm »

Lionel doing Jon BJ.

Now there's nightmare(?) fuel right there.

That's a construction I hadn't intended.

I think I posted a picture of that flyer when it was up in my neighborhood.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1]   Go Up