Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Refrigerator Poetry  (Read 2898 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Refrigerator Poetry
« on: January 10, 2004, 02:31:50 am »

Damn it's quiet in here.  Since it's getting a little lonely here in the study, I suppose I'll take it upon myself to at least attempt to stimulate a little activity.

Anybody else have refrigerator poetry?  Hows about posting some of the startling works of genius you shift around on your food box.  Here are some of my favorites:

-- Linger in torment, you nefarious animal.
-- Monkeys in glowing green grass
-- You is the space child
-- Love torments the prisoner
-- A concrete bath for a bird
-- Steam naked fat
-- Devour my bone
-- Fooled her baby
-- Perhaps a magic glass moon

I have perhaps too much fun sliding these damn little magnets around.  I just like the startling little shock you get when you something sounds funny, weird and right all at the same time.

Anybody else do this?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Refrigerator Poetry
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2004, 03:05:24 am »

My roommate has the Genius set on our fridge. I haven't played with them lately, but the best currently-existing examples are "sanguine the obscure ersatz" and "eschew acumen and clever endeavor."
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Refrigerator Poetry
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2004, 03:43:59 am »

I had like 9 sets on my fridge in college but haven't busted it out since. I'll consider it.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Refrigerator Poetry
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2004, 04:04:16 am »

My brother got a faily comprehensive set at christmas, and I had a tinker... though I can't remember my opus.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Refrigerator Poetry
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2004, 04:23:07 pm »

how would you rob my dirt shop

temerity kills the herculean

I don't have a porcelain dog

we love our mean old ugly caterwauling feline

festoon this protuberance

I drive like I'm going to hell FAST

the big fool is a miscreant


And my favorite:
time to eat bugs
why?
they are good
I see crazy man
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Refrigerator Poetry
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2004, 07:18:45 pm »

I don't have any of the poetry sets, but rather the mix-and-match proverb set (I don't think the company makes it anymore, but they do have a Mind Your Mother set).

Some current favorite proverbs are:

Money is it's own reward
Ignorance conquers all
What you don't know breeds contempt
Virtue makes Jack a dull boy
Flattery makes the world go 'round
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Refrigerator Poetry
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2004, 01:25:06 am »

Festoon this protuberance.

That is awesome.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up