Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: NFL 2012 - Reign of the Ginger Hammer  (Read 10694 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
NFL 2012 - Reign of the Ginger Hammer
« on: April 19, 2012, 04:32:09 pm »

The old topic is old, and long, and we were going to need one of these eventually. Plus I have this (albeit somewhat NCAA as opposed to NFL):


I could watch that for days.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: NFL 2012 - Reign of the Ginger Hammer
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 06:19:45 pm »

I really, really do not give a flying fuck about the NFL draft, and I hate how much bloviation is given over to it on ESPN and elsewhere. I am quite content to check the news the next day, see who the top picks were, and who my favorite teams picked up. That's plenty. It's a travesty that Mel Kiper Jr. could be considered a celebrity in this country.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2012 - Reign of the Ginger Hammer
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 08:18:17 pm »

I try to avoid all sports news. Like Ash, I'll see you in August or thereabouts.  And with the season the Texans had last year their fans are going to be extra insufferable this year. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: NFL 2012 - Reign of the Ginger Hammer
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 09:06:03 pm »

I don't care a whole lot about the draft (and talking heads who say that the draft is the fourth major sport in this country). However, I'm down with some free agency shit. For instance, the 49ers picked up Mario Manningham, Brandon Jacobs . . . and Randy Moss. That ought to be interesting. On the other hand, if they win it all this year (yes, with Alex Smith) I will be setting people on fire.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: NFL 2012 - Reign of the Ginger Hammer
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 01:41:51 am »

I really like the draft, but I don't watch the coverage. That's unbearable. But I do read up on reports ahead of it and follow it online or on my phone.

Speaking of free agency, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: NFL 2012 - Reign of the Ginger Hammer
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 12:38:46 pm »

I saw that, and I consider it funny as hell. There's a chance the Bolts might get to flame out in the first round after all!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: NFL 2012 - Reign of the Ginger Hammer
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 05:57:56 pm »

Wait, whut?

Is there something wrong with a lineup of Manning, Hanie and Dixon at QB?

Also, how do the Bolts play into anything?

Goddam early onset dementia!

Raiders suck, Chiefs pretty much suck, Broncos are putting together a total crapshow line-up at QB - thereby ensuring a entrance and quick exit for my boys.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: NFL 2012 - Reign of the Ginger Hammer
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 06:47:35 pm »

My prognostication is that Manning lasts six games, max.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2012 - Reign of the Ginger Hammer
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2012, 06:19:27 am »

dammit eli or peyton (where if anywhere is peyton playing)
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: NFL 2012 - Reign of the Ginger Hammer
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 02:07:31 pm »

Dude, c'mon. Eli has graduated and is the successful Manning. He'll be fine. Peyton is looking at game 6 vs. the Chargers, during which Antwan Barnes will make him decide "I already cashed this 18 million dollar check and I don't have to pay a nickel back? My neck hurts. Hello full-time commercial work!"
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2012 - Reign of the Ginger Hammer
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2012, 05:40:40 pm »

"I already cashed this 18 million dollar check and I don't have to pay a nickel back?

That would be a cold play.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: NFL 2012 - Reign of the Ginger Hammer
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2012, 06:08:21 pm »

Wait, whut?

Is there something wrong with a lineup of Manning, Hanie and Dixon at QB?

Yes, one of my favorite college athletes playing for the team I hate more than most things in the world.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: NFL 2012 - Reign of the Ginger Hammer
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2012, 07:57:49 pm »

But...but...wouldn't it warm your heart a little bit if Dixon picked up the reins and took the Broncos back to the promised land?

Then you'd have an Oregon QB to be proud of from this century.

(sorry Dan Fouts)

25 goddamn years since that giant of the gridiron last played. I shed a single tear today.

Also, Paul gets a can. That's another fantastic callback you threw out there.

Also, eh. Hanie is not so good. Dixon is ok, but I don't think he's ever going to work out in the NFL.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: NFL 2012 - Reign of the Ginger Hammer
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2012, 12:22:03 am »

If Dixon weren't so goddamn injury prone (and didn't miss what was shaping out to be at the very least a Rose Bowl if not national title run his senior year due to a torn ACL) I think he'd be a mildly successful QB by now. But yeah, I agree with you. But fuck if he wasn't one of the most exciting college QBs ever.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: NFL 2012 - Reign of the Ginger Hammer
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2012, 05:29:36 am »

But...but...wouldn't it warm your heart a little bit if Dixon picked up the reins and took the Broncos back to the promised land?

Then you'd have an Oregon QB to be proud of from this century.

(sorry Dan Fouts)

That would be the case with literally any other team in the NFL. I even made an effort to watch and rooted for the Steelers when he started.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up