Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The Unofficial Non-YouTube Beer Thread  (Read 4702 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
The Unofficial Non-YouTube Beer Thread
« on: April 27, 2012, 03:49:21 am »

eh, he's new to the process yet. c'est la vie. maybe one day he'll get there.

it's like beer: you start with bud or miller lite, because that's "what people drink" and then once you understand what you're dealing with, you move up toward the microbrews and high-gravities and the good beers that actually taste like something.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
The Unofficial Non-YouTube Beer Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 05:16:46 am »

lately I've realized that I like Budweiser. Trying to hold onto this as long as possible.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
The Unofficial Non-YouTube Beer Thread
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 05:55:17 am »

everybody's got to have a cheap beer of choice; mine is miller high life. but as a matter of preference? give me a new belgium 1554 or a belhaven st. andrew's ale or a fuller's london pride, and i'm far, FAR happier
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
The Unofficial Non-YouTube Beer Thread
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 06:48:37 am »

I like that I am a guy who has been drinking a lot of Budweiser lately, but hearing that you drink 1554 makes me scoff. Not my favorite dark beer.

For a while now I haven't liked any non-micro beers, so I am kind of proud of myself.

Recently my friend walked into a bar and asked what Schlafly beers they had (local brewery). The bartender looked him in the eye and said, "this ain't no gay bar."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
The Unofficial Non-YouTube Beer Thread
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 12:02:02 pm »

My favorite beer is St. Arnold. I've never drank it myself personally, but they have artcars so they must be cool.  I have, however, had their wonderful root beer and it is fantastic.  Of course I have a picture.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
The Unofficial Non-YouTube Beer Thread
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 01:39:15 pm »

inev, do you think it is rad to hate good things?

(or are you proud of yourself for thriftiness because seriously i can't figure out what you mean there)
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
The Unofficial Non-YouTube Beer Thread
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 08:13:36 pm »

He means that 1554, and I'll add this for him- all New Belgium Beers- are kinda overrated, and even though he has been drinking budweiser he can see that and you can't. 

Inev is right by the way, and this is coming from a Coloradan.  I mean, New Belgium stuff is alright, but it ain't nothing to write home about, and we have way more better beer companies out here.  Try some Great Divide sometime.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
The Unofficial Non-YouTube Beer Thread
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 08:24:41 pm »

i can kind of see that. different strokes and all, but 1554 is one of my favorite beers. i don't like most of what new belgium offers, truth be told, but that one they got right on the money.

what raised my hackles was
Quote
For a while now I haven't liked any non-micro beers, so I am kind of proud of myself.
which just feels so fuck*ng hipstery to me unless it's a self-hi5 for thriftiness, and though you, inev, might have exhibited certain hipsteresque affectations (skinny jeans and the like) most of them seem to be those innocuous traits that nobody your age can avoid.


ash, my liquor preferences are like this:

  • bourbon
  • gin
  • tequila
  • canuck whiskey
  • vodka
  • mezcal
  • scotch
  • rum

--BANNED--
  • irish whiskey
  • jack daniels

so i can't talk about sailor jerry one way or another
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
The Unofficial Non-YouTube Beer Thread
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 08:32:01 pm »

Oh, that is kinda annoying.  Also, inev is definitely a hipster I think.  I mean, I am a hipster too, so whatever, but.

Also, you had a weakness for the Jameson too?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
The Unofficial Non-YouTube Beer Thread
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 10:06:21 pm »

not jameson. tullamore dew. it's too damn smooth and the drunk sneaks up on you
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
The Unofficial Non-YouTube Beer Thread
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 01:09:36 am »

And here is where I say I'll drink Fleischman's vodka but I don't drink beer.

Well, until I get drunk, and then I'll drink anything. Eat it, snobs!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
The Unofficial Non-YouTube Beer Thread
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2012, 02:15:17 am »

yeah, what I meant was "for a long time I haven't been able to drink any beers that weren't fancy microbrews, so I am glad that now I can enjoy a normal-person beer."
I was sick of being that asshole who won't drink the beer at your party because it isn't fancy enough.

1554, something about the flavor doesn't match the texture to me. My mouth/brain interface wants it to be a lot thicker and creamier than it is. Other New Belgium beers are good. Maybe I am burnt out on beer or something.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The Unofficial Non-YouTube Beer Thread
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2012, 02:50:35 am »

Beer makes me feel full, which in turn slows me down. Liquor keeps the party going.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The Unofficial Non-YouTube Beer Thread
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2012, 08:01:02 pm »

I don't really care for beer in general (though occasionally I find myself in the right mood) so the only thing I have to add to this is that Pedro has so little taste in beer he used to buy Schlitz on a regular basis. The only reason he stopped is because when his brothers would come over and see it in the fridge the would pick on him for it.

Now he usually gets Yuengling because it's popular with "the guys," but when I'm buying I try to get local brews like Carolina Pale Ale, Natty Green, Duck-Rabbit, etc. It's as much about supporting the local economy as it is about the minimizing the environmental impact of importing liquids in heavy glass bottles, and on top of that, the Carolina Brewing Company has some pretty good beers, including the one I most often drink (when I do drink beer), CBC Nut Brown.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: The Unofficial Non-YouTube Beer Thread
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2012, 08:12:59 pm »

duck rabbit's amber ale is good, but their milk stout (which is the only one i can find lately) tastes better coming back up than it does going down. seriously, that is a disgusting beer and i cannot fathom how people drink it.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up