So, we have a music thread already, but I've been playing around with setting up playlists for specific things I do. I have an album I listen to for running, of course, but I also like to set up soundtracks that set the mood for other things. For instance, when I was in college I used to listen to vocal jazz while I was getting ready to go out because it made me feel sexy. And, of course, you've got to have a good playlist for a road trip.
I bet you guys have tons of these. Hit me with 'em.
Here's my contribution: I just made a playlist for doing housework. Mainly kitchen cleaning, but also toilet scrubbing, laundry sorting, and vacuuming.
TMBG: Birdhouse in Your Soul
Doobie Bros: Black Water
Steppenwolf: Born to be Wild
Phineas and Ferb: Brand New Reality
Frankie Valli: Can't Take my Eyes Off You
MC Frontalot: Colonel, Panic
Dexy's Midnight Runners: Come On Eileen
Sheryl Crow: Every Day is a Winding Road
Molly Hatchet: Flirtin' with Disaster
Dire Straits: Sultans of Swing
Dire Straits: Heavy Fuel
Al Brown: Here I Am, Baby
Foreigner: Hot Blooded
MC Frontalot: I'll Form the Head
ZZ Top: I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide
Jonathan Coulton: Kenesaw Mountain Landis
3 Doors Down: Kryptonite
TMBG: Letterbox
Steppenwolf: Magic Carpet Ride
Dire Straits: Money for Nothing
ZZ Top: My Head's in Mississippi
Phineas and Ferb: Not Knowing Where You're Going
Billy Idol: Rebel Yell
Styx: Renegade
Stealers Wheel: Stuck In the Middle with You
Stevie Ray Vaughn: Texas Flood
Weird Al: White & Nerdy
It would probably have been pretty hilarious to watch me putting away dishes while rocking out to "White and Nerdy" this evening. I am an incredibly huge dork, I dance like Donny Osmond, and I sing along even when I'm wearing headphones. Fortunately no other adults were here to witness it, but I realized how it must have looked when Danger Boy came wandering in, looked at me askance, and then said, "Mama. Do not. Sing or hum."
So! Playlists. What activities do you use them for, and what songs help you set the mood?