It might be because I am super bored, but this is like the saddest celebrity death for me, since Johnny Cash certainly, but probably ever. He was the person who I have listened to most who has died, except for Sparklehoss dude, but he killed himself and it seemed like his life was pretty sad, so that is a bit different?
Anyways, yeah, I'm sad and shit. The Beastie Boys I dug early because they had at least two rhymes about Bob Dylan on Paul's Boutique. So, the 15-17 y.o. Keith who only really cared about Dylan let the Beastie Boys into my life. Also, they had a rhyme about Kerouac on that album that I thought was cool as fuck.
Know alota def girls that would do anything
A lot of parents like to think I'm a villain
I'm just chillin' like Bob Dylan
I smoke cheeba it helps me with my brain
I might be a little dusted but I'm not insane
People come up to me and they try to talk shit man
I've been making records since you were sucking on your mother's dick
Cause I'm running things like some Mack motherfucker
Your only claim to fame is you're a false fake sucker
You slip you slack you clock me you lack
While I'm reading on the road by my man Jack Kerouac
Poetry in motion coconut lotion
I always thought he said poetry in motion, tokin up lotion. I still think he does.