Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TERRIBLE!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog  (Read 7340 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2012, 04:45:12 pm »

Welcome! Do be careful with the zombie threads, though.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2012, 05:18:33 pm »

What we should have is a TOUAMB wiki explaining all of the characters and inside jokes going on here. Since this message board has all but ceased to be about a comic strip and is now essentially about a bunch of mostly middle-aged, mostly white people swapping recipes and links to YouTube videos.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2012, 05:34:11 pm »

Yes.

Every time I see the title of this thread I think "what in the dogg".
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

nephilim8

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 31
    • View Profile
Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2012, 06:43:47 pm »


Can we call you Li'l Neph?

hah! if you like.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2012, 01:42:35 am »

I'm pretty sure in his notes on this strip, it read:

exercise in patois/exam

He probably wrote this down months ago, looked at it last week having no idea what inspired him to write those words down in that order and had to work backwards from his own assumptions as to what that could've meant when he wrote it down months ago.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2012, 01:24:28 pm »

So is it just me, or is this strip gone? I'm seeing 4/13/12 as the most recent again.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2012, 01:47:37 pm »

Cort from what I can see it's just you.

What we should have is a TOUAMB wiki explaining all of the characters and inside jokes going on here. Since this message board has all but ceased to be about a comic strip and is now essentially about a bunch of mostly middle-aged, mostly white people swapping recipes and links to YouTube videos.

We should at least have this as a thread. Really, even I think that it's too much at this point to expect the noobs to read the whole archives. They need like the Cliff Notes.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2012, 02:41:53 pm »

Agreed. But if it's a thread, instead of a wiki, that means one person has to write each section -- it can't be collaborative. Which...I mean...I don't really see how that would work.

What the hell. I'll start one down in People and Places, we'll see where it goes.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Bulldog Jones

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8
  • Hi! Hi!
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2012, 04:18:32 pm »

I finally made an avatar so I could let fly my first comment (asking whether this strip had been redacted), but it looks like there's already minor consensus on that point, so... whimper not a bang.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2012, 05:43:04 pm »

I'm glad I'm not the only one who isn't see this strip now. I even tried ctrl+F5
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2012, 07:28:01 pm »

- not a valid date -
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2012, 07:43:35 pm »

Dude waits a month to come up with something and then withdraws it.

Tortured Artist
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2012, 07:50:38 pm »

Welcome Bulldog Jones.  The perfect reason to join a message board community is because of curmudgeonly concerns.  That is why 90% of us are here.  So welcome.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2012, 10:37:13 am »

wait, so.... if manwich is a "wet, loose sandwich product", does that mean velveeta is "the thing they get on starships when they ask the replicator for cheese"?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 02:33:16 pm by greenkoolayd »
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: May 14, 2012 - what is a dog
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2012, 01:10:56 pm »

All these years, thinking a manwich was three guys and the middle bein' the Lucky Pierre.

I was naive, I guess.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up