Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat changed her avatar back and no one noticed. Her feelings are hurt.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Rum! Fuck!  (Read 11386 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Asherdan

  • Flavor-Flav's Blinking Tooth
  • Mod Squad
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 678
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
    • View Profile
Rum! Fuck!
« on: May 17, 2012, 01:26:48 am »

« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 10:51:30 pm by Asherdan »
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Rum! Fuck!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 01:58:28 am »

Rum is good. You should drink rum and be proud. It's the most versatile of the hard liquors, featuring in manly highball drinks and girly froufrou umbrella concoctions equally.

Own it, dude.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Rum! Fuck!
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 02:04:37 am »

As long as it ain't gin, I'm for it.

If I wanted to drink a burning Christmas tree, I'd figure out how to do that directly.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Rum! Fuck!
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 03:13:48 am »

I convince myself I like scotch, but whenever I start drinking it I hate it. I am more into Rye Whiskey lately.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Rum! Fuck!
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 05:35:38 am »

Man, I didn't even know rye was a thing until I quit drinking.  That is a regret, I feel like I would have loved it.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Rum! Fuck!
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 12:08:41 pm »

I know this drink is basically a cliche these days, but nothing beats a mojito with a shit-ton of mint in it. How often do you get to drink your drunk and eat your greens all in one?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Rum! Fuck!
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 01:39:31 pm »

We bought a bunch of rum when we went to the Caribbean a couple years ago. We had a nice piña colada kick for a while after coming home, but we're since over that and now I don't use it so much.

I do like a nice caipirinha in the summer time, but that's made with cachaça, Brazilian sugar cane liquor.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Rum! Fuck!
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 07:50:56 pm »

This is going to come off poorly, but I hate mojitos.

I'm good with all hard liquor and red wine. Ash, maybe try Manhattans? If done right, they are not too damn sweet but pretty good, and they do kinda make you feel all grown up without ruining the fun.

Otherwise, vodka and pedialyte is my go to (I miss Zart).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Rum! Fuck!
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2012, 10:33:18 pm »

no one here likes purple drank?  what a disappointment.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Rum! Fuck!
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2012, 10:39:14 pm »

no one here likes purple drank?  what a disappointment.

I used to be a pretty big fan.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Rum! Fuck!
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2012, 12:46:34 am »

Sailor Jerry spiced rum is high octane and dangerously delicious. Most rum is only good for mixing IMHO.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Rum! Fuck!
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2012, 12:57:00 am »

I like gin. And lately bourbon. I also like red wine. But beer is always my go-to.

no one here likes purple drank?  what a disappointment.

You know, I've never had it.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Rum! Fuck!
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2012, 01:48:12 am »

Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Rum! Fuck!
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2012, 05:29:31 am »

I have had purple drank at least twice since I had a drink.  I dig that stuff, though me and opiates are on a break right now.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Rum! Fuck!
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2012, 05:45:49 am »

mojitos are better when absinthe subs in for the rum, I've found.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up