Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I get so lonely up here. You never write, you never call.

sigh

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: M4H00225  (Read 1827 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
M4H00225
« on: May 30, 2012, 08:02:57 pm »

I just got off the phone with my mother. She told me she got a message from a friend about a You Tube video. The message was "I just found your video of Kelsa making funny faces in a YT search of M4H00225 vids."

I have no idea what this means. I searched the term and there are thousands of videos with that title, but there seems to be no connective tissue between them.

What does it mean and how did my mother's video fall into that category?

I'd link to the video, but my mom got paranoid and made it private.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: M4H00225
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 08:14:20 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YPXSPhBQ8I - This is one of the first hits on Youtube.

The sounds the videographer is making creep me right out.
Logged

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: M4H00225
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 08:15:39 pm »

That could be the default name that a particular brand of camera will name its videos: M4H00225, M4H00226, M4H00227, etc. Many times people won't change the file name and title when they upload so the youtube video will be named the same as the original filename.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: M4H00225
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 08:40:42 pm »

My sister put up a YT video of my nephew, and I can't recall what exact description she used, but it became clear based on the number of hits and the wording she had used (something about his "first time") that people were coming to the video looking for child pornography.  The number of hits was disturbing, and some of the comments were vaguely off putting too.  I don't think she did anything about it.  None of the videos identify where they live or what their full names are.  Still super creepy though.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: M4H00225
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 09:01:28 pm »

My mother has asked her friend what it means, but we haven't heard back yet. The fact that she said she was searching for these videos makes me believe that it's something more than just a default file name.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: M4H00225
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 10:42:56 pm »

I agree with the default file name people. They're all too common on video sharing sites. The message is confusing, though. I don't know why someone would be searching for M4H00225.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: M4H00225
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 10:52:14 pm »

The fact that she said she was searching for these videos makes me believe that it's something more than just a default file name.

Maybe it's mom-type people who don't realize it's a default file name, and if they see one they like with that heading, they think they should search that way to find more like it?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: M4H00225
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 11:22:00 pm »

Beats me.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up