Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuck Me, Ray Bradbury  (Read 3496 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Fuck Me, Ray Bradbury
« on: June 06, 2012, 07:26:22 pm »

The great writer has passed away.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck Me, Ray Bradbury
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 11:34:39 pm »

*weeps*
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck Me, Ray Bradbury
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 11:38:28 pm »

I'm going to spend this evening sitting on the porch re-reading The Martian Chronicles while drinking several beers.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck Me, Ray Bradbury
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 12:02:55 am »

I wasn't planning on a drink tonight but now I'll be having one.


"a" drink?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck Me, Ray Bradbury
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 12:11:21 am »

Ray Bradbury is the first writer I remember reading, and reading ALL of his books.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Fuck Me, Ray Bradbury
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 01:52:01 am »

I'm embarrassed to admit that I've only ever read Fahrenheit 451 (yes, it was required, but yes, I loved it), but The Martian Chronicles just made it to the list. It'll be months before I get to it but it's there. What else is essential?

Also, Paul your thread title threw me for a second even though I had just heard about his death on the radio a few minutes before reading it. I thought it would make a humorous song title. And then I remembered that there is already a song by that title. Basically, I like songs with the word 'fuck' in the title.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Fuck Me, Ray Bradbury
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 02:03:01 am »

Something Wicked This Way Comes, miles.

Man, I'm having a rough night. At first I was like, "wait what? What'd I do to deserve that?"
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck Me, Ray Bradbury
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 06:47:54 am »

I've only read Martian Chronicles, Fahrenheit 451, and Dandelion Wine. All three of those are exquisite reads. I make time to read more Bradbury.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck Me, Ray Bradbury
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 10:48:22 am »

My favorite was definitely Dandelion Wine.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up