Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: TOAMB Convention  (Read 36604 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 09:48:36 pm »

Wombat, I'm going to be coming to DC so no worries. We'll get the pugs on the pole. So you can leave them at home and come see me in Baltimore.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 09:54:31 pm »

wombat - can you please dress them in tiny lil' stripper outfits?  Surely that saddest pugs ever are the ones who become strippers due to daddy issues.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2012, 01:58:47 am »

I think I might be able to make it to DC that weekend. I'll have to talk to the spouse. Wombat, if I can make it sans family, can I take you up on the previous offer to crash on your couch?

Paul, if you need a free place to stay on your way up, we have a bed for you. We're about six hours from Atlanta and six hours from DC/Baltimore, depending how fast you drive of course.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2012, 02:13:30 am »

of course!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2012, 04:12:33 am »

I am bummed I won't get to make it. I am like six thousand miles away. Have fun for me, TOUAMBie pals!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 04:17:43 am by linnea »
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2012, 06:40:12 pm »

OK, I am definitely using my paid time off to go home for a week and some change. I asked my mom and she said my sister can let me borrow her car for a few days to go visit friends in Baltimore/DC. Have we discussed when this will happen? I should buy a plane ticket to Charlotte soon.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2012, 07:01:45 pm »

Paul, if you need a free place to stay on your way up, we have a bed for you.

Okay, we might want to take you up on that.

Wombat, if I can make it sans family, can I take you up on the previous offer to crash on your couch?

Can I have that couch space when JL departs? I'm probably going to be spending Monday and Tuesday in DC.

Have we discussed when this will happen?

I am going to be in Baltimore on July 20-22 and Washington DC July 23-24.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2012, 08:03:53 pm »


Can I have that couch space when JL departs? I'm probably going to be spending Monday and Tuesday in DC.

Absolutely.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2012, 08:26:40 pm »

I am going to be in Baltimore on July 20-22 and Washington DC July 23-24.

Woooooooooooord. That weekend is looking dicey, but I could definitely meet up that Monday night in DC.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2012, 08:33:27 pm »

Man, I am so bad at planning this kind of thing. Fly to Baltimore, bus to DC, bus to Charlotte, fly home? Fly to Charlotte, borrow car, drive to Baltimore/DC, drive back, fly home?

Lots of intersecting time tables will make this pretty hard. Family is out of town until the 25th, and it seems stupid to go home when they aren't there...
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2012, 09:13:54 pm »

Woooooooooooord. That weekend is looking dicey, but I could definitely meet up that Monday night in DC.

Will the Gnats be in town?

Man, I am so bad at planning this kind of thing. Fly to Baltimore, bus to DC, bus to Charlotte, fly home? Fly to Charlotte, borrow car, drive to Baltimore/DC, drive back, fly home?

You can ride with me from Baltimore to DC. Hell, I could take you all the way to Charlotte, probably. It's on the way.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2012, 09:31:10 pm »

Well, at least if you hitchhike in an art car and you're horribly murdered, the car will stick out like a sore thumb for the manhunt?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2012, 09:55:22 pm »

Whoa, that would be really cool. So I would just need to find a way from here to Baltimore, and from Charlotte back here. That would be really fun.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2012, 10:14:28 pm »

Alternatively, if you can get to Raleigh, you can ride the rest of the way with me.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2012, 10:17:44 pm »

(P.S. Train tickets between CLT and RAL are about $35 round-trip.)
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Up