Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That you can post photos to the TOUAMB Flickr Pool?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: TOAMB Convention  (Read 36642 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2012, 05:26:26 am »

Yep, the 16th. I should be there in the afternoon.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2012, 02:10:33 pm »

Let me know when people are in an area I can reach easily so that I may preach to them the Gospel of Our Lord Jesus Christ.

Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2012, 04:16:48 pm »

I just realized I'll be leaving on this trip in less than a week. I'd better get ready.

So who's coming to see me in B'more?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2012, 05:15:25 pm »

Yeah, if this is going to work for me I am going to need some firm dates so that I can clear it with Pedro and the kids' schedules.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2012, 05:46:04 pm »

I will be at Artscape from Friday through Sun. All day. Anytime is good. I can probably slip away, but I'll need a ride.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2012, 06:38:40 pm »

I just realized I'll be leaving on this trip in less than a week. I'd better get ready.

So who's coming to see me in B'more?

I'll see you but I will likely be spending Friday evening (the 20th) at the metro gallery and so should you:
http://themetrogallery.net/events/

Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2012, 06:55:38 pm »

The best days for me to get together are Saturday or Sunday. My kid has a birthday party to attend on Saturday but I can skip that if need be; I don't have anything at all scheduled for Sunday but I need to be home by midnight so I can be a functioning adult at 7:30 Monday morning. Which means the latest I can leave the DC area is 6 PM Sunday.

Where are we going to meet, and what are we going to do when we get there?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2012, 08:41:25 pm »

I have something I usually do 11:30-12.:30 Sundays but it's not critical.

Since Paul is coming from Baltimore we could meet around where I live instead of in DC, it would be less of a trip for him. 
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2012, 09:24:34 pm »

JL, I will be in NC between the 7th and the 14th.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2012, 10:12:31 pm »

JL, I will be in NC between the 7th and the 14th.

Of August? Yep, that is beach week. I'll be here with Danger Boy M-T-W during the day, but Pedro and Chaos Girl will be away. On Wednesday at 4 we're leaving for Carolina Beach ourselves, and will be there 'til Sunday evening. We could hang out in the evening on Monday but I'm assuming you won't want to drive 3 hours to visit me the day before you fly out.

I would offer to come to you, but unfortunately I won't be able to drive out and see you any of those days, because I wouldn't be able to make the round trip in time to get my kid from school (even if I drove there, turned around and came straight home).

So my days will be free, but I will be housebound in the evenings after Danger goes to bed (9PM) so we won't be able to go out drinkin' or anything. Can you drive up for a day or so? You can crash here overnight if you don't think that would be weird. You'll have to sleep in a princess bed, but I can put some Toy Story sheets on it for you. Or, you could drive up earlyish and get here about lunchtime, we can hang out in the afternoon and maybe play some board games, then take my kid someplace fun after he gets done with school.

How does that sound?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2012, 10:24:05 pm »

I will have to figure this out when it gets closer to that time. The biggest issue is that I would have to take one of my parent's cars for the day, which is pretty inconvenient for them.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2012, 10:31:21 pm »

I have something I usually do 11:30-12.:30 Sundays but it's not critical.

Since Paul is coming from Baltimore we could meet around where I live instead of in DC, it would be less of a trip for him. 

Man-da-lay! Man-da-lay! Man-da-lay!
(stomps feet, claps)
Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2012, 11:25:34 pm »

Since Paul is coming from Baltimore we could meet around where I live instead of in DC, it would be less of a trip for him.

Just a reminder that I am stuck, or at least my car is stuck at the festival all day so I would need a ride. My festival schedule will be arriving in the mail soon (maybe today) and I'll know exactly what is expected of me and my car. I am intending to do some roaming around with my car after the festival closes so maybe we could plan our meetup around that.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2012, 11:47:27 pm »

Oh, that is confusing.  Will it be over before JL has to leave on Sunday?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2012, 07:08:39 am »

Oh, that is confusing.  Will it be over before JL has to leave on Sunday?

I'm thinking no. So y'all will just have to come see me at the Festival. Maybe come late on Saturday and we can have dinner together or something, and when the Festival lets out we can go tooling around town in my car. Maybe find some out of the way spot where we can do Firecracker hats. Who's going to ride on top of the car? I'm looking at you, JL.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14   Go Up