Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: TOAMB Convention  (Read 36789 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2012, 01:34:12 pm »

Argh argh argh. I have possible work, family, and/or baseball events that weekend. I really want to make it out but I probably can't commit to anything until late next week.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2012, 02:12:59 pm »

What's the admission cost of the Festival? What time does it let out in the evenings? I have family in Baltimore, so perhaps I'll come early in the day on Saturday and spend a couple of hours with them before we meet.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2012, 09:04:34 pm »

I'm still waiting for my itinerary to tell me what's required of me at the Festival, but you can get more info at their website. It says right in the banner that it's free.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2012, 06:42:02 pm »

What's the admission cost of the Festival? What time does it let out in the evenings? I have family in Baltimore, so perhaps I'll come early in the day on Saturday and spend a couple of hours with them before we meet.

Free, all day. You pay for booze though.
Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2012, 09:19:40 pm »

The local welcoming committee, in the form of Wombat and Bobby, suggest the following plan, based on the fact that Wombat is feeling lazy and not up for an adventure:

JL comes to my house on Friday, we have Burmese food with Bobby
JL goes to Baltimore on Saturday - JL, Bobby and Paul have dinner, Bobby knows of an Indian place that's good
Paul comes to my place on Sunday and maybe we can pull together dinner with other DC people then? Or Monday or Tuesday, which is when you said you'd be staying Paul - is this still true?

There is a small complication in that I have a class starting on Sunday nights and right now I am not 100% positive what time.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2012, 09:46:37 pm »

Hooray, a plan. I will have to get back to you on this -- I may not be able to go all the way to Baltimore for dinner but since I will be entertaining Paul on my home turf on Wednesday and Thursday I think that will be OK. Let me see if I can arrange childcare on Friday & I'll let you know.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2012, 10:58:02 pm »

That sounds good to me.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2012, 12:53:48 pm »

I may be able to pile in for either Friday night or Saturday. I'll figure it out by the middle of next week.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2012, 05:50:20 pm »

or atlanta?

I should be passing through Atlanta on Monday July 15. Will you be around then?

yep, but monday's the 16th. PM me, we'll chat

Yep, the 16th. I should be there in the afternoon.

I'm also in Atlanta and free on the 16th.  PM me, both of you.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2012, 06:04:18 pm »

are you on the face place
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2012, 06:24:20 pm »

I don't carry a smart phone and my laptop no longer works so when I leave on Sunday I will be without access to the internet. So the only way to contact me will be via telephone. My number is 832-405-9595.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2012, 06:36:33 pm »

If you decide to swing through KY on the way over or back you're always welcome.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2012, 06:50:19 pm »

If you decide to swing through KY on the way over or back you're always welcome.
Thanks Augie. I don't think so, but maybe.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2012, 07:58:11 pm »

I'll keep checking in here but I think I'll likely miss this as I have family duties next week.

Oh, and for people who don't read his blog, Lore Sjoberg will be coming to DC soonish.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2012, 09:09:47 pm »

I don't carry a smart phone and my laptop no longer works so when I leave on Sunday I will be without access to the internet. So the only way to contact me will be via telephone. My number is 832-405-9595.

Are texts OK?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14   Go Up