Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The next time you appreciate how nice large titties look, be happy and smile to yourself. You deserve it.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: TOAMB Convention  (Read 36779 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2012, 10:21:04 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2012, 06:55:17 pm »

are you on the face place

I haven't updated it in like a year and a half.  Paul has my number.  At least, I think he does; the message doesn't show up in my outbox for some reason.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2012, 10:02:11 pm »

The local welcoming committee, in the form of Wombat and Bobby, suggest the following plan, based on the fact that Wombat is feeling lazy and not up for an adventure:

JL comes to my house on Friday, we have Burmese food with Bobby
JL goes to Baltimore on Saturday - JL, Bobby and Paul have dinner, Bobby knows of an Indian place that's good
Paul comes to my place on Sunday and maybe we can pull together dinner with other DC people then? Or Monday or Tuesday, which is when you said you'd be staying Paul - is this still true?

There is a small complication in that I have a class starting on Sunday nights and right now I am not 100% positive what time.


OK, it is looking like Friday may not be the best day for me. I would have to leave before Pedro could leave work in order to be there at anything like a reasonable time, and my daughter has a dance class and my son will need to be picked up from school, and I sort of don't trust my mother-in-law to handle those things.

So, I could maybe leave around noon on Saturday, get into the DC area by 6, have dinner with Bobby, Wombat, and Paul, crash at Wombat's house overnight and head home Sunday after lunch. I haven't talked to Pedro about it, yet but I think this plan would have the smallest possible impact on his weekend plans, so I don't know why he'd object. Plus, it gives other folks in the area (Cort? Carlos?) two opportunities to join us -- Saturday night and Sunday afternoon.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2012, 10:48:14 pm »

Paul and Bobby are going to be in Baltimore on Saturday night though. Maybe they can have lunch on Sunday? Did we ever find out when Paul is done in Baltimore?

Are you drivng or taking the train? You could take the train to Baltimore, and then Bobby could drop you at my house on his way home?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2012, 11:11:47 pm »

I am sad that I'm stuck in BFE and can't attend. Pour one out for me, my homies.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 04:05:21 am by linnea »
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2012, 11:31:36 pm »

Paul and Bobby are going to be in Baltimore on Saturday night though. Maybe they can have lunch on Sunday? Did we ever find out when Paul is done in Baltimore?

I will be arriving in the wee hours of Friday morning, checking into my hotel and sleeping until I have to report to the festival at 11:00am. My car will be on display until 9pm that evening. There is a pizza party on Friday night. The instructions are not clear if that is during or after the exhibition. My guess is it's during.

On Saturday there will be a little bit of movement. We begin the day at the American Visionary Art Museum (which I'm very interested in seeing) at 9:45. We will be there until we leave for a caravan to Artscape at 10:30. There is an artcar parade through Artscape at 11:00 and then the cars will be on exhibit until 9:00pm.

Sunday is exhibition at Artscape from 11am to 8pm.

My schedule is a little more flexible. Once the cars are in place at the exhibition I am free to leave if I choose. If anyone wants to pick me up and sight see me around Baltimore on one or more of those days that would be frikkin' awesome. I just need to be back at closing time to pick up my car. Then I will take you around having fun with my car if you wish.

Don't forget I am going to be in DC on Monday and Tuesday. I am interested in seeing the big monuments and the Smithsonian. I heard you can rent segways to tool around the mall and check shit out that way. I'll bet it's out of my price range, but that would be really cool.

Anyway, tomorrow morning I will be on the road and out of touch so contact me via telephone and let me know what the plans are.

832-405-9595

Oh, by the way, I'm going to be seeing Wilco perform in Charlottesville Virginia on Thursday night. I'm extrememly jazzed to be seeing Wilco perform in a tiny ampitheater in a little town in Virginia. And whoever it was that posted they were going to see Wilco at Wolftrap on the night before I think, you are the one that got me to thinking that they might be playing somewhere else in the region along the way to Baltimore. And sure enough... Of course I would love to see them play at Wolftrap, that place is fantastic, but this is almost as good.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2012, 11:46:25 pm »

Paul I assume you are showing up to stay at my place Sunday night somehow. I am going to be honest, it is unlikely I will make it to Baltimore as I am a wimp who can't drive myself there. Call me when you know what's up with coming here.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2012, 01:13:02 am »

I was planning on doing dinner in Baltimore with Paul and Bobby. I am planning on driving vs. taking the train, in fact the train did not even occur to me quite honestly. But I could drive you into Baltimore, Wombles, if you want  to do that.

I really wish I could be there Monday or Tuesday to do the DC Touristy stuff with Paul. Those of you who have met me know what a total monument nerd I am. It makes me a little bit sad that I'll be driving through the Capitol and not stopping to see the founding documents. But there's just no way to make it work without asking Pedro to take time off work, which he really cannot do right now.

I just checked train tickets, and it's actually a bit cheaper to drive. But it's only a difference of about $20 round trip, and taking the train would allow me to read books or take a nap on the way. And the timetables work out nicely so that I could leave here at 10 AM and arrive in Baltimore around 6.

But.

If I ride into Baltimore but try to leave from DC, the cost almost doubles, because it's essentially buying 2 one-way tickets instead of a single round-trip. So somebody will have to take me back to Baltimore on Sunday afternoon by 3 PM, or else I'll have to take the train into Union Station and then hitch a ride to Baltimore on Saturday night anyway. It seems simpler to drive, it'll give me a chance to pay my respects at the Archives rotunda on my way home on Sunday, and I have a couple of audiobooks I've been meaning to listen to anyway.

So it looks like I'll be bringing a car.

I got spousal clearance for the trip, BTW. I can even leave a little earlier than I expected on Saturday, like 10 AM. Now we just need to work out the agenda.

Revised version looks like this maybe --

JL arrives in the DC metro area on Saturday late afternoon around 4, picks up Wombat, drives to Baltimore for dinner and possibly to attend Artscape, if Wombat is feeling brave.

JL and Wombat drive back to Wombat's house, braid each others' hair, read Seventeen magazine, pillow fights, misc. slumber party activities, etc.

Sunday brunch in Wombat's neighborhood, which IIRC is closer to Silver Springs? Unfortunately, Paul won't be able to attend; hopefully some of the other DC area people will be free. Afterward, JL will make a pilgrimage to the National Mall along with whoever wants to join.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2012, 01:39:51 am »

Wombat lives IN Silver Spring, singular. We are touchy about that.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2012, 03:17:07 am »

Dammit, I wasn't sure if it was singular or plural so I even Googled it so as not to embarrass myself. Turns out there's a Silver Springs, plural, in Florida.

Fuck you, Silver Springs, FL. Screw you.

And to the good people of Silver Spring -- I apologize wholeheartedly. I shall not make this same mistake twice.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2012, 12:12:30 pm »

FL = Mattress.  MD = Slinky.

Gotcha.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2012, 02:30:32 pm »

I am still kind of indecisive, but I may be able to do dinner Saturday in Baltimore.

Paul, unfortunately the Nats are out of town next week or I'd totally drag you to a game. If you don't have dinner plans Monday night, let me know, maybe we can work something out. Glad you can see Wilco on this trip--I'm the one going to Wolf Trap on Wednesday. Never seen them live before.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2012, 07:16:48 pm »

paul just texted, they had some car trouble in montgomery and had to bail on our late lunch together. blast and damn.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #88 on: July 16, 2012, 07:53:48 pm »

Quote from: Carlos del Vaca
Glad you can see Wilco on this trip

I'm seein' 'em in... twelve days! Hooray for Zoidberg!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #89 on: July 16, 2012, 08:09:32 pm »

paul just texted, they had some car trouble in montgomery and had to bail on our late lunch together. blast and damn.

BOO TO THAT
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14   Go Up