Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood My bicycle is parked in the living room. A tub of tartar sauce sits open on the counter. Truly, the evidence of a wife being away too long.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: TOAMB Convention  (Read 36696 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #90 on: July 17, 2012, 01:52:31 am »

paul just texted, they had some car trouble in montgomery and had to bail on our late lunch together. blast and damn.

Couldn't get a lady off the stripper pole?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #91 on: July 17, 2012, 02:21:19 am »

Couldn't get a lady off the stripper pole?
That was my first inclination. The car trouble was that he couldn't find his way to the parking lot.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #92 on: July 17, 2012, 10:02:14 pm »

I have an unplanned family visit that means I won't be able to go to Baltimore. I will still be able to make the Sunday brunchy thing if it exists.
Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #93 on: July 18, 2012, 01:16:29 am »

I'm beginning to like the idea that this is the Ache-con that is as spread out in time and space as possible. Maybe we should never have more than two of us together at the same time.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2012, 01:45:47 am »

It would pretty much be exactly like us, that even our in-person meetups tend to wander.

I am starting to wonder if I should come up this weekend. I would certainly like to see everyone, but if the point is to get together while Paul is there and I can't come at a time when he's free, then it probably makes more sense for me to go at a later time, when everyone else is available and it's less inconvenient for my spouse and kids.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #95 on: July 18, 2012, 02:24:34 am »

It is up to you, you are welcome any time.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #96 on: July 18, 2012, 03:43:04 pm »

I second Wombles. As I said, I can be available Sunday -- but no offense, my 81 year old grandfather is gonna take precedence over most people. :-)
Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #97 on: July 18, 2012, 04:16:02 pm »

FWIW, I am clear to come up on Saturday.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #98 on: July 18, 2012, 04:40:29 pm »

Paul texted this morning, he's due to be here in a couple of hours. After he leaves tomorrow night, I will talk it over with Pedro and let y'all know by Friday morning.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #99 on: July 18, 2012, 05:07:40 pm »

As if he'd remember, even.

Dementia is only a problem for white people.
Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #100 on: July 18, 2012, 05:19:09 pm »

...and we never hear from JL or Pedro again...

Pedro and I talked about the odds of Paul being an axe murderer. I figure, I've known the dude online for eight years, which is longer than most of my RL friends. He is the most public with his real identity of all of us. I even had a long conversation with his father a while back.

So if he's been pulling a long con just to murder me and my family in our sleep tonight, he's the most dedicated, target-specific serial killer I've ever heard of. And that's just so unlikely that I'm not even worried about it. I'm much more concerned that I'm going to burn the chicken tonight, or that Pedro is going to forget to pick up the tomatoes from the co-op on his way home from work tonight.

Now the rest of you, on the other hand...
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #101 on: July 18, 2012, 05:20:14 pm »

For what it's worth, he didn't murder me or my children.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #102 on: July 18, 2012, 05:26:16 pm »

JL will you pass on that i'm really bummed i didn't get to introduce him to my handlebar moustache
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #103 on: July 18, 2012, 05:54:05 pm »

I just realized I'm going to have two artcars parked in front of my house for 24 hours. Where's the Google streetview van when you need it?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #104 on: July 19, 2012, 02:26:26 pm »

For what it's worth, he didn't murder me or my children.

Yet.

Long con.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14   Go Up