Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood My bicycle is parked in the living room. A tub of tartar sauce sits open on the counter. Truly, the evidence of a wife being away too long.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: TOAMB Convention  (Read 36776 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #105 on: July 19, 2012, 03:42:02 pm »

I'm not going to come up this weekend. It looks like we won't all be able to get together all at once, and I have some responsibilities here at home. I will come up another time when I can see everyone.

Carlos, Paul wants you to come rescue him from the fair on Saturday. He's free from noon to 9 PM and expects to be bored out of his mind, but won't have a ride to leave. Give him a call.

Wombat, he is planning on staying in B-more Sunday night and showing up at your place on Monday. I don't know what this means for your plans, but y'all will have to work that out without me. You or Bobby should also call him. And somebody should get in touch with Cort, too -- maybe he's free Monday night?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #106 on: July 19, 2012, 03:51:29 pm »

Carlos, let me know what you guys are doing and let's try to get together somewhere.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #107 on: July 19, 2012, 05:39:46 pm »

Paul left after lunch at an authentic Carolina Barbecue place, where he tried Eastern 'Cue and declared it "excellent." What a fun guy. He even took Chaos Girl for a spin in Dragonfire:





He has the best pictures. He'll share them when he gets home.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #108 on: July 19, 2012, 06:49:10 pm »

JL, sorry to hear it. I'll give Paul a ring on Saturday and work something out. Wombat, I can message you via FB or here but I don't have a cell number or anything for you. If I end up driving to Baltimore in the late afternoon I could come via the city and pick you up if you want.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #109 on: July 19, 2012, 08:07:31 pm »

"Yeah I met this guy on the internets and he put my little girl in a flaming car. Its cool, though. We share a common interest in cartoons, you see."
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #110 on: July 19, 2012, 08:27:55 pm »

Carlos, I will PM you a cell number.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #111 on: July 19, 2012, 08:38:41 pm »

Carlos, let me know what you guys are doing and let's try to get together somewhere.

Monday night dinner? Silver Spring?
Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #112 on: July 19, 2012, 09:25:24 pm »

I gots a kitchen pass specifically for Saturday, so I wanna go look at artcars an' shit.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #113 on: July 19, 2012, 10:05:56 pm »

Monday night dinner? Silver Spring?

I will propose this to Paul when I see him.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #114 on: July 19, 2012, 10:14:37 pm »

I will propose this to Paul when I see him.

MANNNNNDALAY.
Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #115 on: July 19, 2012, 10:53:26 pm »

"Yeah I met this guy on the internets and he put my little girl in a flaming car. Its cool, though. We share a common interest in cartoons, you see."

I...did not tell my mother he was here. Conveniently, she is out of town, so I didn't have to lie so much as conveniently omit.

Also, Paul has the pics of the two of us on top of his car, holding on to the stripper pole while flames dance behind us. I made him stand on the side with the flames. He singed his hair a little. It was awesome.

Also: Inev, Paul just texted me from the Wilco show and asked me to tell you that Lee Renaldo is opening. I am going to assume you know what that means, because I sure as hell don't.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 11:07:30 pm by jay-ell »
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #116 on: July 20, 2012, 04:06:17 am »

Lee Renaldo is one of the dudes from Sonic Youth, the band that basically invented hipster noise rock.

It being a hipster band, it is assumed it will make Dan cream his cupcakes.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #117 on: July 20, 2012, 04:17:37 am »

Weird, because Paul also texted me with that information. That is pretty cool.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #118 on: July 20, 2012, 01:24:08 pm »

I saw Wilco and the Lee Ranaldo band Wednesday night. Good show. Lee's band rocked fairly hard but had the disadvantage of not many people paying attention to them. At least up on the lawn--Wolf Trap is one of those "barn" venues where there's seats down close and then a big lawn area. Wolf Trap lets you bring in food and drink (even alcohol), so people are mostly chatting and noshing during the opening act.

Wilco put on a good show, but again, it was fairly mellow for us.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #119 on: July 20, 2012, 07:08:48 pm »

Yeah, where I'm gonna see them is just a bandstand on the grounds of the Ommegang Brewery outside of Cooperstown.

Maybe it's purposefully a tour of somewhat offbeat sites?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14   Go Up