Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Would The Pet Shop Boys be nice to have over for Thanksgiving, or would they be a pain in the ass? It's really hard to tell.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: TOAMB Convention  (Read 36754 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #120 on: July 21, 2012, 02:57:48 pm »

I am kind of glad I decided not to come. I went to the doctor yesterday and confirmed that I have a sinus infection, and I feel kind of crappy. Spending six hours behind the wheel of a car would not be great for my persistent headache right now.

I will come another time, though. I have some family in Baltimore and they are expecting a baby in September; there is a distinct possibility that we will be visiting them in mid-October. If that's the case, I can likely slip away to Silver Spring for a few hours for a meetup.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #121 on: July 21, 2012, 06:54:12 pm »

I have also been feeling like crap all week and am not going to make it to Baltimore, but hopefully will get to put some pugs in an artcar in a couple days to make up for it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #122 on: July 21, 2012, 08:19:53 pm »

JL, here is what we are missing: Carlos says that hats with firecrackers are planned.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #123 on: July 21, 2012, 08:36:12 pm »

Yes, they assembled them on my dining room table. Paul wanted to do them here and have me wear one, but I am a scaredy cat and declined. We got frozen custard instead.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #124 on: July 22, 2012, 01:49:29 pm »

Firecracker helmets did not happen. We left Artscape for the post-party, but that party turned out to be rather sedate and pyrotechnic hats did not seem appropriate.

BUT. I sure get why Paul enjoys the artcar scene so much. We walked the exhibit and he introduced me to the other practitioners, who were all friendly and gracious, as well as having cool-ass cars. It was great to watch people come by and marvel at the cars and to watch Paul interact with them. He didn't shoot off the flames until the evening was nearly over, as he wasn't sure how local law enforcement would react, but when he did holy cats did it draw a crowd. Eventually a young woman took a turn on the pole with the flames blasting, and people went nuts. This is one of the more overall awesome photos I've ever taken.

Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #125 on: July 22, 2012, 04:29:20 pm »

Yeah, Dragonfire is absolutely a nighttime artcar.

My kids both want to paint my minivan now. And part of me wants to let them.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #126 on: July 22, 2012, 04:44:23 pm »

Flaming cars are pretty awesome, but how much better is that pic with a young, inverted woman? 
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #127 on: July 22, 2012, 06:06:37 pm »

I think this artcar thing is an elaborate ruse for Paul to get girls to dance for him.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #128 on: July 22, 2012, 06:55:00 pm »

Ruse would suggest that he isn't straightforward about it.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #129 on: July 23, 2012, 01:34:51 am »

Paul is here. One of my cats hissed at him, so I hope we are otherwise being adequately welcoming.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #130 on: July 23, 2012, 12:47:14 pm »

PUGS IN THE ARTCAR!

PUGS ON THE POLE!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #131 on: July 23, 2012, 03:34:05 pm »

There will pugs in the artcar, but sadly my skills as a trainer are not up to pugs on the pole.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #132 on: July 23, 2012, 03:58:29 pm »

...did I know that the Wombat family has cats?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #133 on: July 23, 2012, 05:52:55 pm »

Evidently they play a distant second fiddle to the pugs.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: TOAMB Convention
« Reply #134 on: July 23, 2012, 06:09:19 pm »

Wombat is a cat lady! She's surrounded by cats and tiny dogs!
PS my Maine Coon weighs in at 20lbs and literally broke a window trying to attack a bird today.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 06:18:16 pm by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14   Go Up