Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Never trust anyone over 30  (Read 4118 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Never trust anyone over 30
« on: June 16, 2012, 03:11:09 pm »

I've been thinking recently about what makes someone a "grownup," and I wonder what y'all think. Fill in the blank:

"The difference between a child and an adult is __________"

I'll start:

"The difference between a child and adult is that a child who wants to eat candy for breakfast lacks the freedom to do so; the adult has the freedom but also understands why he shouldn't."
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Never trust anyone over 30
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 07:47:34 pm »

And the other difference is that the adult has to pay for their own candy.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Never trust anyone over 30
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 09:22:18 pm »

How I know I'm an adult:  I came across some Disney pornography and I wasn't even remotely interested in masturbating to it.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Never trust anyone over 30
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 11:12:59 pm »

When one realizes that there is no one but themselves to figure shit out, that's when you're adult.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Never trust anyone over 30
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 12:35:21 am »

The difference between childhood and adulthood for me is basically that I am less afraid of death because I am more exhausted.

I'm getting a sleep apnea study at the end of the month, though, that should help.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Never trust anyone over 30
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 02:59:22 am »

Buddy, if they urge you to try the machine take it.

This.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Never trust anyone over 30
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 05:01:47 am »

I'm getting a sleep apnea study at the end of the month, though, that should help.

Are you doing the whole overnight observation thing or the oximeter? I did the oximeter and it's pretty clear from that there is a problem that needs to get addressed, but that was last year and I haven't gone in for the consultation. I need to do that.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Never trust anyone over 30
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2012, 05:40:00 am »

Oh, if they tell me to take the machine, I'll use it, sure.

I'm just saying.

Life is wearing me down and I want answers.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Never trust anyone over 30
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2012, 01:20:22 pm »

I went in for answers recently and got my thyroid meds increased by half. Good luck to you.

The difference between childhood and adulthood for me is basically that I am less afraid of death because I am more exhausted.

See, I am *more* afraid of death now, because who is going to do all this shit if I'm not here to worry about it?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Never trust anyone over 30
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2012, 01:31:24 pm »

When one realizes that there is no one but themselves to figure shit out, that's when you're adult.

This is a good one.

You know, this is the good thing about marriage, if you pick someone who has usefully different talents. I have someone in the house to figure the computer shit out, and he has someone in the house to figure out a bunch of the shit that involves dealing with other human beings.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Never trust anyone over 30
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2012, 01:52:37 pm »

I went in for answers recently and got my thyroid meds increased by half. Good luck to you.


I went in for answers recently and got threaded with cameras from both ends.  Eep.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Never trust anyone over 30
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2012, 03:10:10 pm »

Oh, I'm going in for the whole overnight-observation schmear.

The "Full Vader" as my dad calls it.

It doesn't sound pleasant at all but, I mean, if my little bro could have his skull sawed open and his brains tinkered with and be back to his (awful) girlfriend's house in four days, I reckon I can sleep in Cooperstown with a bunch of wires taped to me. I can... probably handle it.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Never trust anyone over 30
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2012, 09:35:30 pm »

I went in for answers recently and got threaded with cameras from both ends.  Eep.

My sympathies. My nine-year-old niece had to have this done last week as well, poor kiddo, and the worst part is they didn't even find anything.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Never trust anyone over 30
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2012, 11:03:36 pm »

someone >30 will eff you over just as thoroughly.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Never trust anyone over 30
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2012, 11:12:07 pm »

My nine-year-old niece had to have this done last week as well, poor kiddo, and the worst part is they didn't even find anything.

Really, that's the worst part?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up