Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo  (Read 11980 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2012, 07:15:44 am »

I've got early onset wrecked attention.

I was born with shit and its even more whack having it as an adult.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

AKKOLADE

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 19
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2012, 11:34:01 am »

I seem to remember this in a Roald Dahl book. Or maybe I'm remembering his descriptions of how he learned to drive when he was a wee laddie in his autobiography, Boy.
I think you're thinking of the bit where he has a car-accident and loses his nose.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2012, 04:10:43 pm »

I think you're thinking of the bit where he has a car-accident and loses his nose.

This sentence made me very happy.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bulldog Jones

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8
  • Hi! Hi!
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2012, 05:08:24 am »

This strip was great.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2012, 04:25:13 pm »

This strip was great.

Well, I'm glad we got that sorted, then.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortesDiddy

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 26
    • View Profile
Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2012, 07:39:41 pm »

I've had too many conversations with Altimiter-Tim types at parties.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 09:49:19 pm by CortesDiddy »
Logged

Bulldog Jones

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8
  • Hi! Hi!
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2012, 08:29:27 pm »

This strip was great.
Well, I'm glad we got that sorted, then.
I tend to go off on elaborate flights of fancy like that sometimes.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2012, 10:19:59 pm »

I've had too many conversations with Altimiter-Tim types at parties.

I've been an Altimiter-Tim type at too many parties.
I used to smoke a lot of weed.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2012, 10:26:36 pm »

altimeter tim seems to be like a really chill, less focused andrew w.k..
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

CortesDiddy

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 26
    • View Profile
Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2012, 02:01:25 am »

I've been an Altimiter-Tim type at too many parties.
I used to smoke a lot of weed.

That's cool. Cause sometimes I was more like Theo Freedom myself.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2012, 04:42:03 am »

I tend to be a Cliff Clavin.  I am not as bad now as I once was.  I'm sure it had nothing to do with overcompensating for feelings of inadequacy.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2012, 03:21:02 pm »

I tend to find the party's Cliff Claven or Altimeter Tim and listen with rapt attention until it's time to depart. Because, whether or not I believe what they're actually saying or not, I find that those kinds of people are usually pretty interesting for one reason or another -- in Cliff's case, because he actually knows a lot of things, and in Tim's case, because they're so completely off their gourd that it's entertaining to ask a couple of leading questions and then watch them tie themselves in rhetorical knots.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AKKOLADE

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 19
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2012, 10:45:45 pm »

I have come to the conclusion that I should have called this thread "muttershanks and wrecked attention"
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2012, 12:43:34 pm »

I have come to the conclusion that I should have called this thread "muttershanks and wrecked attention"

but that is the name of our band

our

band


Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters

AKKOLADE

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 19
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2012, 09:08:37 pm »

but that is the name of our band

our

band



We decided on this name in less than three minutes America
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up