I have two after-school special style movies that haunt my memory, only I can't identify them. If any of you pop culture vultures and mavens can help me it would be much appreciated.
Special one: A story where a colony of children who live on another planet (Venus maybe?) where it rains every day but one, attend school. It looks like present day (which at the time was late 70's - early 80's) earth apart from the constant rain. It's not the future, it's just another world. They all look forward to the one day it will not rain. One kid is bullied and I think locked in a broom closet and misses the one day without rain as all the other kids enjoy it. The moral of the story was something to do with bullying.
Special two: a lonely old lady orders an artificial child from a catalog for companionship. The child arrives in a shipping box, and either by adding water or pulling a rip cord, the child inflates and comes to life. I can't recall much else of what happens, but it was entrancing and somewhat disturbing to watch the child inflate and become real, and there was a strong undertone of melancholy about the whole show and the idea of needing to order a fake companion from a catalog.
Anyone else remember these? I remember watching both of them more than once in rerun on tv...