Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that the best way to sound like a noob here is to ask what the Tiny Cans of Dr. Pepper are about?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cloud Email  (Read 2297 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Cloud Email
« on: August 21, 2012, 10:27:34 am »

I've been asked to help my nephew setup an email system where he can access his email and calendar on multiple devices such as his laptop as well as his phone.

He mentioned a product Microsoft 365, but I don't know if this is the right product for him. I've done a little bit of research on this, but I'm really not up to speed. I don't have a smart phone so I've not considered this issue before now.

I think maybe he needs to transition to a cloud based service? Is this a correct assumption? If so, what's your recommendations in that regard.

Or am I completely off base here? If that's the case which is the right direction? What say you...
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Cloud Email
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 01:04:57 pm »

Gmail and Google Calendar works fine for me.  I use it on my phone, my work and my home computers.  I don't use a laptop much, but if I did I bet it would work fine there too.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Cloud Email
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 01:14:49 pm »

Eggman has the right idea. You both would benefit from surrendering to the Google lifestyle. It is everywhere, it does everything, it is free and it comes with massive storage.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Cloud Email
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 01:45:44 pm »

I thought about google calendar and I may yet suggest it, but he needs to use @comanyname email address.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Cloud Email
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 03:41:16 pm »

You can register a domain and set up "Google Apps" which makes every Google service available to you using your domain name.

You can log into gmail with an @companyname address, etc.

I myself use a hybrid of Google and Apple stuff to do the same thing. 
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up