Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood You are on the Night Train. Five Hours have passed. Axl Rose is in the gym car. It's not what you expected.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Human face of big data  (Read 1643 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Human face of big data
« on: October 13, 2012, 04:39:00 am »

Anyone else participating in this ?

Probably a bit intrusive for some but I really like this kind of stuff. The way technology and social networks have invaded our lives allows us to collect objective data about ourselves in a pretty awesome way. That said my 'data doppelgänger' is a 40 year old woman from California and I'm not sure how I feel about that.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Human face of big data
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 02:29:23 am »

The crotchety old lady who lives in my head immediately says, "I don't trust that shit at all."

We'll see if I get over it, but as of this moment, no, I'm not involved.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: [1]   Go Up