Haw haw.
I'm up to three pins; a standard household lock has five. I can do two pins quick enough to be impressive but I struggled for ten minutes before I got the three-pin setup to give. I've got three sets and I'm going to strip one of them down to a one-pin so that the tweens in our RPG group can play with it & get a feel for how it works.
I haven't really learned enough to be useful in a lockout situation yet, but if you give me a lock and a key that fits it, I can disassemble it, rearrange the pins, and have it working again in under ten minutes. If I had a variety box of pins and springs, I could theoretically re-key the locks on my house to match my mom's housekey, or any key made from a correctly-sized blank.
I could even, for example, rekey my existing lock to match my best friend's housekey so that she can pick up my mail and water my plants while I'm out of town, and then change it back when I get home (though I'd have to pick the lock to let myself in first).
Most useful in the short term, if I can learn to pick five cylinders I can disassemble the lock on the door at work for which my boss does not have a key, and I can rekey it so that it matches the other door. Before I started working at the store, someone accidentally locked that door and I am pretty sure my boss had to call a locksmith to open it. I don't think he had a key made for it (he is super tight with money) but I bet he would like to have one if he could get it for free. I'm not going to even mention it until I'm confident with five-pin cylinders, though.