Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat changed her avatar back and no one noticed. Her feelings are hurt.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Leveling Up  (Read 13427 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Leveling Up
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2012, 12:04:23 am »

A temporary setback when I had to learn to make lattes without a thermometer, but this week several people have told me I make the best coffee drinks they have ever had. LEVEL UP.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Leveling Up
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2012, 05:45:46 am »

LEVEL UP! That is the internet equivalent of a fist bump. I love it.

I'm up to four cylinders on my locks but I haven't had time to work on it in abou t a week. Maybe tomorrow I will be able to play with it some more.

I have been working on some bedroom techniques, but of course I can't really discuss that here.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Leveling Up
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2012, 06:42:36 am »

As usual, I am dilly-dallying about what Feat to choose.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Leveling Up
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2012, 05:54:25 pm »

Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Leveling Up
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2012, 11:58:38 pm »

tip 1: respect the aspect ratio. resize AYFKM face to fit in the space a photo takes.
tip 2: respect the source resolution. don't zoom AYFKM to be bigger than it was in the picture you got it from.

AYFKM tends to sit in the bottom left of the frame in meme comics anyway, so that's a pretty easy and contextually-correct fix.

other than that, thank you for not just making a plain four-panel meme comic. shit is so old.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Leveling Up
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2012, 12:14:33 am »

hey chief you asked
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Leveling Up
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2012, 12:33:24 am »

asks for critique
gets good advice
ignores it
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Leveling Up
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2012, 01:00:04 am »

Ash, you... are... dad... you... are... rad...
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Leveling Up
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2012, 01:03:02 am »

Me and my dad used to get in physical fights- I think I like his parenting style better.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Leveling Up
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2012, 01:08:00 am »

I was trying to say this in a non asshole way and failed- this would make me hate you if I were yer kid.  I would like it if you talked to me, but you probably already have?  Also, I am not yer kid.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Leveling Up
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2012, 01:35:01 am »

I was trying to say this in a non asshole way and failed- this would make me hate you if I were yer kid.  I would like it if you talked to me, but you probably already have?  Also, I am not yer kid.

I think his kid will think he's a dork, but then will remember fondly the time Dad tried to get 'hip' with him.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Leveling Up
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2012, 03:03:36 pm »

I sometimes leave snarky passive-agressive notes around the house. They are intended to be humorous reminders of things I have already asked him to do/not do (sad faces on the insides of cabinet doors, because he NEVER CLOSES CABINETS, wtf is up with that anyway, how much effort does it take?) and not a replacement for an actual conversation. In that context, I think a funny picture is a better way to remind someone of something without being naggy.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Leveling Up
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2012, 03:07:41 pm »

all little cows and pigs with word bubbles "i was born in a barn"
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Leveling Up
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2012, 06:37:30 pm »

all little cows and pigs with word bubbles "i was born in a barn"


See, now that would be awesome.  I guess it is the Internet part that would make me resent you, but I already hate talking to people I know through the Internet, can't imagine talking to my parents that way.  It is so... impersonal.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Leveling Up
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2012, 12:00:25 am »

In regard to passive aggressive notes, we have a shared kitchen near our office area, and with the number of folks passing through, it is always a disaster.  Others have tried the passive aggressive note and email thing with no success.  In a pretty fantastic turn, my boss has taken to just throwing the dirty dishes in the garbage.  I like the scorched earth policy.  Although I've genuinely never contributed to the original problem, I've seen the disgusting results.  Now I can wash my breakfast apple in the sink without fear of three day old dirty bowl splash back, and without someone doing the icky Mother Teresa act of washing them.

As for leveling up, I have been working on a special work project that I am really enjoying.  I recruited an entire staff of barbers to join my mentorship program and have been just enjoying the hell out of learning to work with and supervise these totally unique beasts.  They. Are. Rad. 

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up