Well, since a few of you folks have been dealing with shit, I was thinking about break up songs, and how great they are. Everyone has been there, and often, there is a soundtrack. There's something so great about listing to a really depressing song to just get it all out.
My husband once sent me
this tune back when we were dating and I was working in another city in another province and he just felt so far away. I wept in my hotel room. The Mountain Goats are one of his favorite bands, and also hubby talks to himself all the time, so this just sounded like him singing right to me in some way.
This song was the anthem to my most painful breakup. Or pretty much the whole Dilate album. "You'll look like a photograph of yourself, taken from far, far away/ and I won't know what to do, I won't know what to say except/ Fuck you, and your untouchable face/ Fuck you for existing in the first place." Yup, pretty much.
This song was, for me about the end of a relationship I was glad was over. "I don't know what you saw/ I want someone who sees me." That's right.
And well,
this. Just fantastic. "I don't love you but I always will." And that last moment of the video where they just stare at each other.