Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood You are on the Night Train. Five Hours have passed. Axl Rose is in the gym car. It's not what you expected.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Break-up songs  (Read 6213 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Break-up songs
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2012, 07:17:53 pm »

I got embarrassed in the car today because I got really into this song.
Luckily a few tracks later came this bad boy.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Break-up songs
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2012, 12:25:19 am »

Oh man, Pale Blue Eyes. That song is tied significantly to two crushes. My previously mentioned longest standing, and also my most painful crush (in junior high/high school I had crushes instead of relationships for the most part. Mostly because my standards were far too high and I was pretty fucked up).
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Break-up songs
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2012, 05:22:27 am »

Coin Operated Boy was definitely in the voice of a girl who jerked me aroubd to the point that I decided did not want an actual relationship with a real human being. Of course I got over it and she and a good friend of mine are madly in love now so I was probably incorrect to generalise.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Break-up songs
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2012, 03:28:57 am »

Darn that dream.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Break-up songs
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2012, 06:24:32 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Break-up songs
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2012, 06:41:59 pm »

Oh, so that's how we are playing this. I ain't Never been with Woman long enough for my Boots to get old

Oh yeah?  How about this.  The final breakup.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Break-up songs
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2012, 06:45:49 pm »

Oh yeah?  How about this.  The final breakup.

Well shit dude, How can anyone top that? You could've waited a few more rounds before you went for the ultimate kill.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Break-up songs
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2012, 07:09:00 pm »

Oh man I love me some MTB and some George Jones, but I see you them boys and raise you the one and only Roy Clark!

That big diesel motor's playin' my song!

Jerry Reed?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Break-up songs
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2012, 08:09:50 pm »

The song that turned me on to country and its fabulous lead guitars.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Break-up songs
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2012, 08:44:57 pm »

That big diesel motor's playin' my song!

I should have pointed out, the only place we can go from here is straight to the corn.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Break-up songs
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2012, 11:41:54 pm »

Dude, I listen to the Aquabats, corn is my staple.

Fair enough.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Break-up songs
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2012, 06:07:46 am »

true story: just talked to the Ex for the first time in a while, and we traded youtube videos of sad songs. No mention of what was making us seek out sad songs.

She likes this one and this one. She said at one point she put the second one on repeat for an entire hour at work.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Break-up songs
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2012, 01:42:43 pm »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Break-up songs
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2012, 02:56:38 pm »

She said at one point she put the second one on repeat for an entire hour at work.

I can't say that I've ever listened to one song on repeat for an hour, but I can imagine that if it were that song I would not get bored with it. Wonderful song.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Break-up songs
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2012, 08:55:52 pm »

Obviously this one.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up