Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Awww yeah who is CATHOLIC up in this piece?!?!" -- you never hear that any more.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Futbol Americano Verboten?  (Read 11576 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Futbol Americano Verboten?
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2012, 04:44:23 am »

SO CLOSE. Really, if Bennett's last completion wouldn't have been negated by a penalty, I would may have won. I can't catch a fuck*ng break in this league.

Edit: I don't want to bother to do the math so that may not be exactly correct. But it was fuck*ng close. Goddamn it.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 04:49:52 am by miles »
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Futbol Americano Verboten?
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2012, 05:22:30 am »

jaydub you lucky sonofa
what did you chant and/or sacrifice and to which god to keep hakeem nicks from scoring another two stinkin fantasy points
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Futbol Americano Verboten?
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2012, 05:45:49 am »

I have to admit, every time the ball went towards 88 I was willing him to drop it.  Plus DeAngelo Hall and that amazing defensive play.  Washington neutralized Eli by keeping the Giants' offense off the field.  RG III's legend grows.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Futbol Americano Verboten?
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2012, 10:56:27 pm »

Looks like I made the right call on who to start QB today, even though combined I have less than a point. At least I'm in positive territory.

But HOLY SHIT. SEATTLE D!
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Futbol Americano Verboten?
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2012, 02:18:02 pm »

I have the potential for a statement win over Owensboro tonight. Show them they're not invulnerable. Just need Tom Brady and the Patriots D to do their normal thing.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Futbol Americano Verboten?
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2012, 07:40:55 pm »

I have the potential for a statement win over Owensboro tonight. Show them they're not invulnerable. Just need Tom Brady and the Patriots D to do their normal thing.

He's worried about it -- he was talking about it at lunch.  Keep up the heat!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Futbol Americano Verboten?
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2012, 09:40:44 pm »

Who knew benching Joe Flacco would be such a disastrous move?  Actually, in almost every case I blew this one

Winner (Benched)    Starter
Denarius Moore beat Lance Moore
Heyward-Bey           James Jones
Matt Forte              Alex Green
Steven Jackson        Bryce Brown
Peanut Tillman         Patrick Peterson (who managed to score -3.61)

I'm pretty sure this eliminates me from the playoffs. :P
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Futbol Americano Verboten?
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2012, 02:43:58 am »

So I didn't make the right call at QB. Who would have thought Kaepernick could climb out of a 5 fantasy point deficit and put up a respectable 7.47?

Thanks to the ridiculous awesomeness of Marshawn Lynch and the Seattle defense (or the terribleness of the Arizona offense) I have a comfortable lead, but Arian Foster really scares me.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Futbol Americano Verboten?
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2012, 05:11:15 am »

Arian Foster didn't hurt anyone tonight. Tom Brady sure did some damage though.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Futbol Americano Verboten?
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2012, 05:58:44 am »

So if I understand the league settings, and it's a good bet I don't, I need to win next week and I need THA SUGAH RAIN to lose to make the consolation round, right? And that's assuming that total points scored is the tiebreaker, and if that's true, that TSR doesn't pull out some insane 500 point victory.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Shit Texans Fans Say
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2012, 01:48:40 pm »

This should probably go in the "Shit my ___ says" thread.

From Facebook, a friend, who is a rabid Texans fan wrote "when the playoffs come around everyone will see just how meaningless last nights game really was." You're right, dude, it's the playoff defeat that everyone will really remember.

Later, in a comment he wrote "We'll be waiting for the Patriots in Houston when it counts!." He's assuming the Texans are going to remain the top seed and have home field advantage in the playoffs. I wonder what he'll say if the Texans lose to Indy and wind up backing into the playoffs as a wildcard?

Texans fans have a high capacity for self delusion.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Futbol Americano Verboten?
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2012, 01:55:09 pm »

So our playoff field is set, with one week still in the regular season. Playoff seedings still TBD.
Owensboro, Banana Town, Magreaux Dogs, and Venomous Monkeys.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Futbol Americano Verboten?
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2012, 09:27:59 pm »

And that's assuming that total points scored is the tiebreaker, and if that's true, that TSR doesn't pull out some insane 500 point victory.

What I meant was TSR would have to put up like 500 points and still manage to lose. We'd be tied but it would come down to points.

Anyway, MJW wins, TSR loses, and then I get to play some more and maybe end up looking less pathetic.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Futbol Americano Verboten?
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2012, 12:38:32 pm »

Christ almighty, I'm having a good year. On the verge of clinching a playoff spot in this league. In my other (work-based) league, I was 10-2 coming into this week, tied for first and three games up on the rest of the league. Played the team I'm tied for first with this week, and frickin' CRUSHED IT.

Of course, this means I will lose in the first round of the playoffs.

As it is written, so it shall come to pass. My semi-final opponent in that league has Drew Brees and AP, who both had great games. Dameryius Thomas and Doug Martin, who have been great for me all season, basically did jack shit. Result: losing by 25 points. Hell and damnation.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Futbol Americano Verboten?
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2012, 12:59:36 pm »

Closer to home, though, it looks like our semi-final match-ups are set as Owensboro vs. V-Monkeys, Banana Town vs. Magreaux Dogs. Good luck y'all.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up