Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "One of Your Shoes is By the Dog Food: A Tale of Things Not Worth Mentioning During Married Life," is out in September on Harper-Doubleday.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Futbol Americano Verboten?  (Read 11559 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Futbol Americano Verboten?
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2012, 07:13:20 pm »

I am resolved to become the best of the worst.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Futbol Americano Verboten?
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2012, 06:59:38 pm »

On the bright side, my starting lineup was the same as Yahoo's "optimal" lineup for the first time.  Not good enough to beat Miles' non-optimal starters though.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Futbol Americano Verboten?
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2012, 08:38:00 pm »

On the bright side, my starting lineup was the same as Yahoo's "optimal" lineup for the first time.  Not good enough to beat Miles' non-optimal starters though.

And to think, I benched Sherman at the last minute. Could have been a blowout. It hasn't hurt at all to have a Seahawks tilted roster the last few weeks.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Futbol Americano Verboten?
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2012, 11:08:03 pm »

Congratulations to the Owensboro Muttoneers!  You won that in a walkaway.  Even if all my best players had been playing, it wouldn't have mattered.

Dominant in the championship game as you were through the season. 

Congrats also to Nabu's Venomous Monkeys, surging up from the 4th seed to win the consolation game.  Kudos.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Futbol Americano Verboten?
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2013, 12:41:21 am »

How about them Texans... Man, there was weeping and wailing on Facebook yesterday afternoon.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Futbol Americano Verboten?
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2013, 02:37:11 pm »

Excellent regular seasons in both my leagues. Couldn't win a single playoff game and finished 4th in both of them. So it goes.

Hell of a season Owensboro put together, there.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Futbol Americano Verboten?
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2013, 11:39:13 pm »

Anybody got any predictions for this weekends games? I'm picking the Texans over Cincinnati.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Futbol Americano Verboten?
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2013, 03:12:20 am »

Bengals

Colts

Potatoes

Packers
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Futbol Americano Verboten?
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2013, 12:54:12 am »

Well fuck... watching football probably helps you pick games?

Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Futbol Americano Verboten?
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2013, 07:35:14 am »

Well at least the Packers won.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Futbol Americano Verboten?
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2013, 08:13:30 am »

And I didn't use any racist slurs!
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Futbol Americano Verboten?
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2013, 05:16:50 am »

And I didn't use any racist slurs!

We all win.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Futbol Americano Verboten?
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2013, 06:05:27 am »

Washington's nickname is really an embarrassment.  The debate seems to have died down in recent years.  Its almost a pity they didn't go further into the playoffs so it could reignite.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Futbol Americano Verboten?
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2013, 06:21:42 am »

Washington's nickname is really an embarrassment.  The debate seems to have died down in recent years.  Its almost a pity they didn't go further into the playoffs so it could reignite.

I think all the mascots should be racists white stereotypes. We can take it.

What have we got now, the 49ers, Texans, Cowboys, Patriots. Are there any others I'm missing?

The Jets? That's the white street gang from West Side Story. The Steelers, Packers? I guess a steel worker and a meat packer isn't necessarily white, I don't know. Those are both blue collar jobs. Raiders? What is a raider, a pirate? I guess that's not exclusively a white thing either. Oh well.

 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Futbol Americano Verboten?
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2013, 06:57:26 am »

The Vikings?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up