Man, fuck*ng girls/new relationships when they are just the best thing ever.
I have hated the Broncos my whole life. I live in Denver. New girl is a big Broncos fan. Instinctively/at my core/or whatever I want the Broncos to win today more than any team since I was a kid, only so she will be happy. It is weird. Oh, I have also hated Peyton Manning even more than the Broncos his whole career.
Also, I watched the second half of the national championship game and the second half of the cotton bowl while I was running at the gym. I had forgotten that both were on (I don't watch any tv anymore, not as like a principle, just cause I am busy and tired, so it is hard to remember shit is on. I also don't have cable, but can easily get live streams online), but when I saw the bowl games those where the games I wanted to see, so I was excited to see them at the gym. Let me tell you, as a big Notre Dame and Oklahoma hater (and OU alumni!) those games were fuck*ng great to run to. I had just the biggest smile on my face the whole time. People probably thought I was a freak.
Oh, and also, that crazy Alabama interception by Haha Clinton-Dix showed the difference between those teams and also helped me realize something awesome. I am not a Saban supporter or detractor (I have probably seen 2.5 games he's coached, and that is probably spread out over 4 games), but his player had literally no fear of bodily injury or any other ill thing that could have happened to him on that play, while the Notre Dame player ducked. Clinton-Dix literally would have killed himself to make an interception in a game that his team was comfortably leading/completely dominating (somewhere between those two) at the time. I don't necessarily respect putting your talents into getting people to do that type of stuff, especially for something as silly as football, but Saban must be a crazy good motivator and just living your life day to day with the same principles is a powerful thing that I have been trying to do. It works and makes your life way better, so I am always looking for more ways to motivate myself in the right direction- positivity, lack of fear, being extremely healthy (at least in diet, if it's not going to happen in drugs/cigarettes). I have found two awesome examples in college football with that particular play and with Bill Snyder's 13 tenants or whatever they are called. No Personal Limitations (stolen from snyder) is essentially the only motivator I need, but it is nice to have more examples.
I guess I have just been on a go out and get it kick, and it is awesome when i see other people doing that, no matter what the situation is.