Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You might, rabbit

You might.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Posters TOUAMBies want  (Read 9011 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Posters TOUAMBies want
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2012, 10:58:15 pm »

Ash is probably a good enough shot to take Hitler out. Would you be, or would you just be wasting your time?

To answer your question directly, yes, I am a good shot, but you are assuming I am going back to a time when Hitler is the Fuhrer. No, I would go back to when he was a child where I could just walk up and shank him. Or go even further back to before he was born and kill his mother. Easy as pie.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Posters TOUAMBies want
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2012, 11:31:41 pm »

Is it ethical to murder someone before they commit a crime?

Also, if you killed hitler it would probably mess up the timeline enough that you would never be born, meaning you can't kill him.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Posters TOUAMBies want
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2012, 11:33:49 pm »

I think it is ethical to murder baby Hitler but not his mother.

But more to the point, I think it is a better game to say what you would do for fun if you went back in time. Hitler takes no imagination, you know?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Posters TOUAMBies want
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2012, 12:32:22 am »

It's more ethical to go back and make Hitler a famous painter in kind of an ironic way with the elites of Europe, at least in terms of trying to prevent his rise to power.

But c'mon, either the butterfly effect saves millions of lives but erases you or World War Two happens again in the rich fields of fascism that were post-World-War-One Europe except the hate-monger who is left to lead it this time around is a more competent military leader and WINS. Or something.

My imagination processes 10,000 Twilight Zone ironic twists a second, you guys.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Posters TOUAMBies want
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2012, 12:42:44 am »

Right. So Paul, just go see the Beatles.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Posters TOUAMBies want
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2012, 12:58:54 am »

Are "aliens" just us from the future with time travel?  We're the pyramids built by people in the future or an ancient, advanced civilization we have no record of (if you look at Easter island, pyramids and shit in Peru, yeah, the same people did all that shit, or at least it was all done the same way that we cannot currently do)?  If you invent time travel you'd be smart enough to not fuck up the world right?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Posters TOUAMBies want
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2012, 01:10:12 am »

  If you invent time travel you'd be smart enough to not fuck up the world right?

I think all you have to do is look around at where we have made the most progress and it's obvious that technology is easy, and not fuck*ng up the world is hard.  But if you want to go back and build a big statue instead of seeing a concert,  that's probably ok.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Posters TOUAMBies want
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2012, 01:27:04 am »

Hey, we're smart enough to go to Mars and give everyone full medical coverage but instead it's all shaming wands and One Direction these days.

So.

No. We would fuck the shit outta time travel.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Posters TOUAMBies want
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2012, 02:03:22 am »

re: hitler:
http://www.abyssapexzine.com/wikihistory/

i'd try to prevent 9/11 by going back to 1998 and inventing a scandal that prevents katharine harris from being elected as secretary of state for florida. snuff porn in her laptop or something puts a democrat in that seat, altering the catastrophic 2000 bush/gore election results process by enough to likely give the seat to gore, who wouldn't have been on vacation four months of the first eight in office. if gore could have prevented 9/11, he would have, and if not, we probably wouldn't have gone into iraq again, destroying the global goodwill toward the states; we might still be in afghanistan and we might not have elected our first black president, but hell who knows? the republican party might have completely imploded by now, and we might remain a bit more centrist a nation, rather than getting caught up in this ridiculous constant rightward overton window shift.

after which i'd go to woodstock, take some weed from there back to louis armstrong's youth and hang out with him in new orleans for a week, steal and stash his original coronet (and gift him a new trumpet), which i'd "unearth" a couple weeks before he dies and return it to him face to face, just to give him a "what in the how" moment.

then it might be fun to just skip forward a year or five once a day or five, to see how long it takes us to reach certain achievements: peace in africa, widespread adoption of wearable/embedded electronics, interplanetary travel, first contact, that kind of thing.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Posters TOUAMBies want
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2012, 03:16:43 am »

I think all you have to do is look around at where we have made the most progress and it's obvious that technology is easy, and not fuck*ng up the world is hard.  But if you want to go back and build a big statue instead of seeing a concert,  that's probably ok.




Oh and yeah, I'd just go back to the beginning of human kind to see how it went down and also build something really advanced/indestructible so people would wonder about it forever.  Or maybe go back to Greece/Persian wars and somehow help Persians win.  It would obviously fuck stuff up but I think I am out on western society so just fuck that shit up from the beginning.  I guess the second one is my good deed and the first one is fer kicks.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Posters TOUAMBies want
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2012, 03:21:28 am »

i saw "Looper".  hopefully time travel doesnt end up like that.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Posters TOUAMBies want
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2012, 06:03:39 am »

But more to the point, I think it is a better game to say what you would do for fun if you went back in time. Hitler takes no imagination, you know?

Well I did mention seeing the Beatles in Hamburg. There are a few other select concerts I'd like to attend of course. Then I'd like to go back maybe 80 years and just rent a car and go away for awhile. See what it's like to really get lost you know. These days there's no such thing as remote. You can't go anywhere that there's not already somebody there. I'd probably wind up getting eaten by a bear, but whatever. I just want to see what a virgin world looks like.

Edit: It's funny, I only chose to go back 80 years because I thought I would need a car to get away from things. I guess I could just go back 1000 years and stay right where I am. Ha ha...
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Posters TOUAMBies want
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2012, 06:12:14 am »

I would go back to sometime between 1920 and 1969 and see how many girls in historical clothing i could have crushes on. I would set a damn world record for the number of stuck-up broads in fancy clothes that I was in love with. And oh man, the old accents, holy shit. mid-atlantic english crush is the hardest you can crush.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Posters TOUAMBies want
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2012, 06:28:20 am »

My first thought, honestly, was that I would like to go back and fuck Marilyn Monroe. Then I realized that's ridiculous. There are plenty of drop-dead gorgeous women around today and I'm not fuck*ng any of them, so I'm pretty sure I couldn't score with her. I don't have the special skill necessary to fuck whomever I want, as wombat might put it.

And then I was thinking about going back to prevent something bad. My main problem with that is there are too goddamn many bad things to prevent. Why does everyone always go with the holocaust? Was it really any worse than the Rwandan genocide? That's where my mind goes, and I get kinda bummed.

So fuck it, I'd either go back to 2001 or 2006 and fuck up a few people so the Mariners win the World Series or the Seahawks beat the Broncos in Super Bowl XL. Do I have any special skills for that? No, but I'd have a crowbar or a baseball bat and the element of surprise. I'd probably just kill Roethlisberger and prevent a rape or two as a bonus.

There are also some family members I'd really like to see again, but they'd be really freaked out. Not sure about that one.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Posters TOUAMBies want
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2012, 08:04:39 am »

I was actually thinking the other day, I wish someone had gone back in time and convinced REM "you're gonna make it big eventually, but please put out more songs that sound like Murmur before you get to the popular stuff." Goddamn that album is great.

I would also really like to go back and meet my dad as a young man. Or go back a little further and meet his dad, who I never met and don't know very much about.

In the course of thinking about this, I did the math, and figured out that my mom was born when her dad was the age I am now. Her mom was 19.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up