Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood It's National Johnny Cash Raise Hell Awareness Saturday Night. Go out and Fuck Shit Up in a Way That You Believe In!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Ten Thousand Strong  (Read 3903 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Ten Thousand Strong
« on: January 14, 2004, 03:27:36 am »

Hey Kids,

I guess I missed the day we went over 10,000 posts.

Let's hear it for us.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Ten Thousand Strong
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2004, 03:30:34 am »

w00t!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Ten Thousand Strong
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2004, 03:44:27 am »

Go us, gettin' funky, it's our birthday (in 18 days)! Go us, gettin' funky, it's our birthday (in 18 days)! Go us, gettin' funky, it's our birthday (in 18 days)!
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Ten Thousand Strong
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2004, 05:53:37 am »

Hooray, hoorah!
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Ten Thousand Strong
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2004, 02:24:15 pm »

Wow. And I'm responsible for 10% of that. Oh dear god!
I need to shut the fuck up.

Still, may the celebration last 17 more days!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Ten Thousand Strong
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2004, 03:42:45 pm »

It hasn't been a year, has it?

No, it hasn't.  We opened Aug. 1.  I know what you're thinking.  You're remembering the implosion as Feb. 6.  You're correct, but he didn't shut the old board down at that time.  Check this page if you don't believe me.  

So we've hit 10,000 posts in...(counts on fingers)...five and a half months.  

Way to hustle, team!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Ten Thousand Strong
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2004, 03:53:09 pm »

I meant half-birthday. Typo on my end.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Ten Thousand Strong
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2004, 05:21:03 pm »

Quote from: "Onstad"
I do not envy you the months of life you will waste talking with 12 year-old scat fetishists from Los Angeles.


And so far we've avoided all of that shit. Well, you could possibly count that one unpleasant incident as something along the lines... But I'm sure he's been hospitalised by now.

Although, maybe we just miss it, but since there has been scat talk, maybe we all just fulfill these roles and we've just avoided normal people instead.


Do you think our level of obsession with Achewood equates at all to scat fetishism?
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Ten Thousand Strong
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2004, 05:48:15 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Do you think our level of obsession with Achewood equates at all to scat fetishism?


There's no way that I am giving any thought to that idea.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Ten Thousand Strong
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2004, 06:12:54 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Do you think our level of obsession with Achewood equates at all to scat fetishism?


By now, I can safely say I'm more obsessed with this website than I am with Achewood.

Let's leave my scat fetish out of this. At least until I turn 13.  :wink:
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Ten Thousand Strong
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2004, 06:33:11 pm »

Seriously, I leave the tab for this board open all day but the actual comic is usually closed as soon as I've read it.

Of course if we use that definition then I'm a freakin' FedEx tracking stalker.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Ten Thousand Strong
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2004, 07:18:01 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Seriously, I leave the tab for this board open all day but the actual comic is usually closed as soon as I've read it.


Well, yea, (replying to both the last two comments) but then there's only one thing on Achewood per day. If we were limited to one post per day, we'd probably read this a whole lot less!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Ten Thousand Strong
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2004, 07:20:41 pm »

I thought scat was a jazz term referring to a funny way of singing. not a fetish at all, but something that Cab Calloway and Ella were great at, .  So I did a quick google search and GOOD LORD!!!!!

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Ten Thousand Strong
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2004, 07:49:23 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
So I did a quick google search and GOOD LORD!!!!!

~Paul


Well, that's just foolish! You should know by now not to do google searches for things. Any things...
You always get something scary!
Episcopalians, scheize freaks, duck butter...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Ten Thousand Strong
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2004, 07:50:49 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
duck butter...


I didn't see that.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up