Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood If Twain were alive today, he would guffaw despite his benevolent befuddlement.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I found my dream job  (Read 2217 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
I found my dream job
« on: January 10, 2013, 04:28:37 pm »

Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I found my dream job
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 06:31:59 pm »

I don't feel at home in this world any more.

That really is a dream job.

It might seem austere at first, but they will be expanding it every year.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: I found my dream job
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 07:31:26 pm »

I found it really tempting at first but then I thought "Well, I could just leave Facebook".
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: I found my dream job
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 11:53:15 pm »

There are 2.5 people I know who actually quit Facebook (a feat which I consider rather remarkable), one of my cousins and a high school friend.  Plus my luddite younger brother who technically has an account but never uses it.  I think my cousin quit to throw his entire social presence into G+ or something.  I think my friend put her marriage and/or business in trouble with the amount of time she was on FB.  Since she lives in back-of-beyond Washington State I'll probably have to find out from her brother what the deal was.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up