Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Young man on the #6 bus, The Doors were not a British band.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Friendly Local Game Stores  (Read 5270 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Friendly Local Game Stores
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2013, 10:26:52 pm »

Posted. Thanks for seconding us!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Friendly Local Game Stores
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2013, 06:13:13 pm »

Do you remember a year or two ago I sent you PDFs for the game Do: Pilgrims of the Flying Temple? The guy who designed that (and Happy Birthday *****) lives in Durham. I've had dinner with him once and know people who know him better. I could probably initiate contact, if you'd like.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Friendly Local Game Stores
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2013, 06:40:06 pm »

Yes please!

I will have to look up Do again -- I don't think I ever got round to reading the .pdfs. Sorry to be a bad friend in that way.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Friendly Local Game Stores
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2013, 06:49:42 pm »

Yes please!

I will have to look up Do again -- I don't think I ever got round to reading the .pdfs. Sorry to be a bad friend in that way.

Look it over so you're familiar with his work then let me know what e-mail you want me to pass on. You might be able to play Happy Birthday, ***** with you kids (I don't have the pdfs for that one)
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Friendly Local Game Stores
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2013, 07:51:23 pm »

Sure thing. Do you happen to have the .pdfs to re-send? No telling where they are if you sent them a year or two ago...I've been through several laptops since then.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Friendly Local Game Stores
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2013, 05:20:08 pm »

I shared them with you on Google Drive a couple days ago, it said it would send you an e-mail, but I can't actually tell if you've accessed them or not. Oh, and FYI Do is pronounced as in "doe, a deer" or "d'oh"
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Friendly Local Game Stores
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2013, 10:57:23 pm »

Yes, I got them -- haven't had time to look yet, but probably Tuesday (kids are off school tomorrow & will be making me crazy all day).
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Re: Friendly Local Game Stores
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2013, 04:07:16 pm »

Happy Birthday, *****! looks perfect for our current level of play. I'm going to buy it for realsies.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Friendly Local Game Stores
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2013, 08:07:59 pm »

I just heard about UnPub from Daniel Solis. He's going to one at Atomic Empire in Durham. Maybe you should host one: http://unpub.net/unpub-mini-support-page/
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Friendly Local Game Stores
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2013, 10:24:08 pm »

I'm frustrated with the store right now. I'm ready to quit, actually -- my boss will neither make any decisions himself, nor will he give me the ability to make them for him. He's told us we can run whatever events we want, but he won't give us a budget for them. My co-worker is already coming in two nights a month and opening the store without pay because she wants to run some special Magic events that he deems "unlikely to make money." And we just lost two major annual events that I thought we could count on to bring in some cash that I found out are going to other stores -- one of which is organized by a personal friend of mine, who didn't even have the decency to talk to me about it before it showed up on the rival store's website.

I'm having a "nobody else cares, why should I?" kind of week.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up