If it weren't for you none of this would have happened.
That is not usually a good thing, but I'll take it in this context.
Today I went to the physical therapist to remind myself that I am getting old and falling apart. I've got persistent, bi-lateral pain in the scapula probably caused by a compressed disc in the spinal cervix. Which Doc will tell you means "your shoulders hurt because you slouch." The prescription is 60 seconds of stretching every hour for the next couple of weeks, then stretches a few times a day to prevent a relapse for pretty much ever. And, of course, I have to learn better posture. "Tits out, girls!"
Also, I had a positively
indulgent brunch with my mom: a lobster and brie omelette drizzled with champagne butter at a local brunch-and-lunch place. It was
luxurious.
And the big box of K-cups I ordered for my Keurig arrived today, so I am all set for spring with iced tea, iced coffee and lemonade. Yum.
Pedro took the day off to watch the kids so I could do whatever I wanted today, so it's been relaxing. Tonight, his parents are watching the kids so we can go get the couple's massage that didn't happen a few weeks ago, and then we're going out to dinner anywhere I want. I think I'm gonna request sushi.
And nobody tried to throw me a surprise party this year, either. So all in all, it's turning out to be a grand day.
Tomorrow, project JL-34 begins, wherein I pursue all those goals and resolutions I didn't quite make it around to starting yet. I took some time and wrote them out last night (with starting steps) so I'm all prepared and everything. When I take my goals as a whole, though, it seems like if (when?) I succeed, the net effect will be to make me younger. Fewer worries, more time, more disposable income, better health -- these are the things we associate with single people in their twenties, not thirties-with-kids-and-mortgage types. But I suppose that's what makes youth so appealing -- if we could all go back ten years and do things over with the wisdom and experience we have today, who wouldn't jump at that chance?
Thanks for indulging my annual pontification. Now I have to go take my physical therapist-mandated stretch break...