Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Yo mama's so crass and low, she puts chocolate pieces into her mouth while she is still chewing up the previous chocolate pieces.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cigar box guitars  (Read 1266 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
cigar box guitars
« on: February 20, 2013, 10:53:53 pm »

this dude from york, pa is a huge nerd about cigar box guitars.  and the blues.  if you watch the videos posted youll see that hes not too bad.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: cigar box guitars
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 04:24:29 am »

This guy gets it. I am a big fan of acoustic instruments that just sound like a bunch of buzzing wires. This is part of what I like about the banjo in its folkier and less bluegrass usage.
It reminds me of this John Fahey recording. Or the thumping, rattling low-string runs on this song.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: cigar box guitars
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 05:46:57 am »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up