Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: New Achewood Animated Series in the Works  (Read 22393 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 05:47:35 pm by pmcd9 »
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 07:49:55 am »

I don't know how I feel about the weird cel-shaded animation, but the Godfather Of Souls dance looked pretty good.

It's improved since the first draft: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbUdU8Q0nAo
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 07:57:26 am by evan »
Logged

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 08:12:32 am »

all one episode every eight months

all storylines abruptly ending for no apparent reason
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 09:31:01 am »

damn, I was hoping no one else would see this, and I'd go to bed, and in the morning I would realize it was all a dream.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 11:22:11 am »

There are going to be voice actors. They will get the voices wrong.

Make my (never to appear) free entertainment to my exact specifications, damn it.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 11:23:20 am »

anticipation like a motherfucker, for better or worse.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 11:58:13 am »

Then there was this one from around Christmas, with voices:

http://vimeo.com/56127468

And yeah, Ray's voice is wrong, but Phillipe pretty much hits my mental image.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 01:20:03 pm »

I am stunned, gobsmacked, flabbergasted and dumbfounded. I hope I don't die when I have surgery next month because I really want to see this.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 02:42:08 pm »

I am stunned, gobsmacked, flabbergasted and dumbfounded. I hope I don't die when I have surgery next month because I really want to see this.

But just for this one reason, I'm sure.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 02:46:18 pm »

I am happy to see this because -- yay, Achewood -- and also because -- yay, Onstad is not sitting in a dark corner rocking back and forth!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 03:06:06 pm »

Adult Swim here we come.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2013, 03:11:52 pm »

I don't know.  Sometimes I just don't know how to feel.  A couple of days ago, I was sort of feeling sad but relieved that maybe finally Achewood had died.  Now this. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2013, 03:26:35 pm »

I think this is awesome, doing it in another medium is a great way to give it another life, inspire him to do new work with it, etc. I don't see any downside, except that yeah, we will probably hate the voices.

You know, if he had been writing a series of novels, and he hadn't published a new one in a couple of years, we wouldn't assume the series was dead. Sometimes there are reasons things take longer. And it's not like he was ever really on board with conventional notions of how often to put out a strip. Speaking as someone who hasn't managed to publish another book in a couple of years now, I'd hate if people assumed there was no chance I'd ever do it again.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2013, 04:00:03 pm »

I don't know.  Sometimes I just don't know how to feel.  A couple of days ago, I was sort of feeling sad but relieved that maybe finally Achewood had died.  Now this. 

I can't add another tab to my browser's startup routine without getting a warning every time. Just last week I was considering finally removing Achewood as the first startup tab then this happens.
Logged

Jaded Tersk

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 49
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2013, 06:27:43 pm »

I was gonna suicide, this came just in time.  Now am punchink air in ecstasy.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up