Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Making money from art is not vulgar. Art is a commodity. It makes people feel something. It raises the greater sum of human happiness. It increases the gaiety of the nation. It has a value. -John Allison

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: New Achewood Animated Series in the Works  (Read 22407 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2013, 06:54:25 pm »

Maybe not Adult Swim, though.

I could well see a channel like FX or Comedy Central or Spike taking another stab at taking down Adult Swim and trying to use Achewood as one of the central pieces of a counter block of programming.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2013, 07:56:49 pm »

This is awesome!!! And I am already starting to wrap my head about Ray's voice.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2013, 08:49:59 pm »

Actually I am afraid he is not going to be able to sell this to commercial TV, but I am trying to have faith.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2013, 08:53:11 pm »

holy toledo
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2013, 09:12:36 pm »

I hope he does shorts like 3-5 minutes and not a full half hour thing.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2013, 09:17:14 pm »

i hope roast beef sounds just exactly the way that i imagine he sounds and not like some jazz project with computer aspirations.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2013, 09:18:10 pm »

It will aspire to reach Brad Neely levels of adult swim. Let's check back when the first short is released sometime around Christmas.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2013, 09:23:44 pm »

It will aspire to reach Brad Neely levels of adult swim. Let's check back when the first short is released sometime around Christmas.

Let's hope it's that good.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2013, 09:24:08 pm »

I cannot wait to find out what Mr Bear sounds like, and see him move. I hope they get Garrison Keillor for his voice. Or Sean Connery. Or Sterling Holloway. Or Hugh Hefner.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2013, 09:25:06 pm »

LIMMO

It only just now occurred to me that this could also be a new golden age for TOUAMB.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2013, 09:39:47 pm »

It will aspire to reach Brad Neely levels of adult swim. Let's check back when the first short is released sometime around Christmas.

Hmm, my first thought upon hearing this news was "I hope they do a better adaptation job than China, IL."  I only watched the first few episodes but felt the Adult Swim version lost a lot of the warped poignancy that made the original Baby Cakes shorts so good.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2013, 09:51:37 pm »

Hmm, my first thought upon hearing this news was "I hope they do a better adaptation job than China, IL."  I only watched the first few episodes but felt the Adult Swim version lost a lot of the warped poignancy that made the original Baby Cakes shorts so good.

That worries me as well. In this case the original version is a static cartoon. Hard to compare the two. I really hope it's good is all.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2013, 10:03:19 pm »

Ugh. I had thankfully forgotten about China, Il. I miss the professor brothers, though.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

nephilim8

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 31
    • View Profile
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2013, 10:43:47 pm »

Neat! The trailer looks a bit off though, it looks like 3D animations built to look like simple 2D drawings rather than just digital animated frames, if that makes any sense.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2013, 10:53:16 pm »

Neph, that is exactly what I was thinking. Yuck.

I think at best it will take a little while for the show I get things right, as opposed to just trying to wedge old comic strip jokes into a new format. I hope they get the chance to get into the groove.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up