Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Young man on the #6 bus, The Doors were not a British band.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: New Achewood Animated Series in the Works  (Read 22288 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2013, 07:41:46 pm »


You guys are not wrong. Those are not bib overalls. They are cartoon underwear. That is what Ray wears under his thong. You just don't see it, because usually he is wearing a thong over it.

A can for the man who speaks the uncomfortable truth.
Logged

CortesDiddy

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 26
    • View Profile
Re: New Achewood Animated Series in the Works
« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2013, 04:09:03 am »

that was actually Ray's skeleton
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: New Achewood Animated Series in the Works
« Reply #92 on: April 04, 2013, 06:58:22 pm »

We were talking about Home Fries somewhere else on this board and I linked to the strip where Ray says he knows how Mrs. John Lithgow feels. I just looked and the next strip was the start of the toilet party and I'll be goddamned if I didn't read it with these voices.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #93 on: April 26, 2013, 11:52:38 pm »

You all saw this, right?

http://youtu.be/b_97q16TFxk

SCONE RHYMES WITH GONE. NOT CONE

Chrissake
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2013, 05:49:15 am »

SCONE RHYMES WITH GONE. NOT CONE

I am having trouble even saying it like that.

Also, Hey Judy, what's up!`
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: New Achewood Animated Series in the Works
« Reply #96 on: April 27, 2013, 12:44:38 pm »

Two countries divided by a common language.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #97 on: April 30, 2013, 04:42:08 pm »

SCONE RHYMES WITH GONE. NOT CONE

Chrissake

Even with 'gone' there seems to be a slight difference in pronunciation between Brits and 'Murricans. Most of us Yanks would think you pronounce it like 'skaahn' from just reading that.

I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 04:46:33 pm by nDed »
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I thought April Fools was in April?
« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2013, 05:31:04 pm »

I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

My new sig!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: New Achewood Animated Series in the Works
« Reply #99 on: April 30, 2013, 08:42:43 pm »

A thread on FB today started with "There are two certainties in this world: death and someone immediately correcting you if you mispronounce the word 'pho'."

That followed up with people suggesting other words like gyro and ... quesadilla? Apparently some people say that kay-suh-dill-uh. It makes my brain hurt just to think about.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: New Achewood Animated Series in the Works
« Reply #100 on: April 30, 2013, 08:46:07 pm »

Apparently some people say that kay-suh-dill-uh.

How would you say it?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: New Achewood Animated Series in the Works
« Reply #101 on: April 30, 2013, 09:08:22 pm »

like it's spelled. or, phonetically, kay-sah-dee-yah.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: New Achewood Animated Series in the Works
« Reply #102 on: April 30, 2013, 11:16:21 pm »

kay-suh-dill-uh.

I misred the 'dill.' The rest of it seems okay to me. I don't feel very strongly about this word. It's the most American of Mexican foods. Perhaps it should only be pronounced with whatever regional American accent you bring to it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: New Achewood Animated Series in the Works
« Reply #103 on: April 30, 2013, 11:21:39 pm »

I think both scones and quesadillas are nativized to the point that it's no surprise that the words have done the same.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: New Achewood Animated Series in the Works
« Reply #104 on: May 01, 2013, 12:35:23 am »

One time my roommate was visiting his parents in Boston, and made himself a quesadilla for lunch. His mom asked what kind of sandwich that was. He tried to explain, and she claimed she had never eaten a quesadilla or heard of one until that moment.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up