Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Willie's Signature hosss  (Read 1627 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Willie's Signature hosss
« on: February 26, 2013, 03:21:26 pm »

If you are a really accomplished pop musician one of the top honors you can receive is when a guitar manufacturer creates a signature version for you. But if you're Willie Nelson you get your own signature hosss.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Willie's Signature hosss
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 05:20:18 pm »

Awe, our grandma Bea has a crush on Willie, and I always think of her when I see him.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Willie's Signature hosss
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 11:50:21 pm »

Awe, our grandma Bea has a crush on Willie, and I always think of her when I see him.

My grandma did, too.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Willie's Signature hosss
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 02:51:43 am »

Grandma Bea passed this summer actually.  I noticed after the fact that I wrote about her in the present tense but decided not to fix it.  She's been on my mind a lot lately because we're thinking of giving Tokyo baby her name as a middle name.  She was a sweet woman, pretty much exactly as you described Willie actually.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Willie's Signature hosss
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 08:14:40 am »

Willie is one of my heroes. I'm not surprised he is as sweet as you've described him. His band has been together for about 40 years without any personnel changes. I think that says a great deal.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up