Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood It's National Johnny Cash Raise Hell Awareness Saturday Night. Go out and Fuck Shit Up in a Way That You Believe In!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS  (Read 6965 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
« on: March 02, 2013, 11:36:58 pm »

So for the first 4-5 years of the board I literally read every single post, and then life got busy when I started working a day job and it just hasn't let up.

What've I missed for the past, say, four and a half years? Apparently in that time Achewood ended (sorta), Wombat became a published author, other people did things, moved places, and have abandoned the board and come back.

Sum it up for me, people. I'm a busy man.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 11:49:36 pm »

You are back just in time for the possible resurrection of Achewood as animation.
http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,6408.0/topicseen.html
Is that what inspired you or is this just a cosmic coincidence?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 11:50:23 pm »

I am gonna meet Hobot and Misterqueue in a few weeks at Misterqueue's birthday party.

I finished school, now I live in St Louis and work at a grocery store. I come on here and have Emotions about it sometimes.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 12:01:38 am »

There's something that happened: Hobot and Misterqueue are living together!

Let's see. Did JL have two kids last time you were here?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 12:34:51 am »

I got married a while back to the same guy I've always been with since before Achewood was a thing.  I'm currently knocked up with our first baby, due in June.  It's been a high risk pregnancy but we're pretty sure the little one is okay, though I'm struggling.  I am on hiatus as a writer and artist although my last play is in the process of getting published.  I have worked coordinating a mentorship program for high risk youth for just under three years.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 01:24:08 am »

I get high in a different place.

(I always thought I had better taste.)
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 03:49:41 am »

My kids are pretty much grown.  I lost 75 pounds and got in shape.  I am boring and middle aged.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 04:27:49 am »

I am broke back in the town I grew up in again, now, instead of Los Angeles or Brooklyn but I got a new lady friend and I am getting some poetry published here and there.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 06:00:51 am »

I think Jough was around for the beginning of my second kid, and we're on the faceplace so unless he's blocked me he can't really avoid it.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2013, 07:24:58 am »

I moved to a remote location and now I am returning to my homeland because I got a new job in my hometown. The move is stressing me out a little.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2013, 07:32:29 am »

I still take a lot of pictures.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2013, 07:52:33 pm »

Now when I put my finger up an old dude's ass I'm getting paid.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2013, 10:28:14 pm »

Now when I put my finger up an old dude's ass I'm getting paid.

There's a joke about male prostitution here somewhere... gimme a minute...
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2013, 05:39:55 pm »

I'm still a cantankerous bastard.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 23
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 244
  • LET US MAKE FLIPPER BABIES
    • View Profile
Re: WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2013, 05:02:00 pm »

So for the first 4-5 years of the board I literally read every single post, and then life got busy when I started working a day job and it just hasn't let up.

What've I missed for the past, say, four and a half years? Apparently in that time Achewood ended (sorta), Wombat became a published author, other people did things, moved places, and have abandoned the board and come back.

Sum it up for me, people. I'm a busy man.

This is now the best song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zysLw8kJVnE

No other changes. Except we're all necrophiliac bronies now.
Logged
i'm a gorilla, barbarians is my ancestors
it's part of my neurological transmitters
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up