Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's Kim Jong-il Fact™: North Korean state media reports that Kim routinely shoots three or four holes-in-one per round. (Wikipedia)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: MLB 2013  (Read 22780 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: MLB 2013
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2013, 06:19:05 am »

Yeah, I know both cort and jaydub don't necessarily follow the big 4 sports, but the wave is, uh, not cool?  Like the opposite of a soccer chant or losing your mind.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: MLB 2013
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2013, 06:05:09 pm »

Shit, I'm watching them kick the Angels ass in or the second night in a row. You can have 'em back, Paul.

Yup. It was nice knowing that the Mariners weren't going to end up in last place again, but then the Astros decided to play some baseball.

Yeah, I know both cort and jaydub don't necessarily follow the big 4 sports, but the wave is, uh, not cool?  Like the opposite of a soccer chant or losing your mind.

The wave sucks. But I'm not going to start a fuck*ng petition about it.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: MLB 2013
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2013, 07:25:57 pm »

The wave sucks. But I'm not going to start a fuck*ng petition about it.

Yeah, that would be my position.  It doesn't bother me the 1-2 times I buy the $4 seats a year.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: MLB 2013
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2013, 01:15:21 pm »

I don't normally do this, but I had to de-can Paul for the Walgreens thing and Kyle for the wave thing.

There are times when the wave is OK. If the game's a blowout, it's between innings, whatever. But at least at Nationals Park, there seems to be a knack for doing the wave at inopportune times--say in the 8th inning with a one-run lead and men on and our bullpen trying to desperately get out of a jam. THAT'S when you should be watching the damn game. And our relievers are on record as saying they don't like it when they're on the mound.

Yesterday would have been a fine time to do the wave, though, as the Nats got their ass completely handed to them. Still, it's early yet.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: MLB 2013
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2013, 04:49:45 pm »

I don't normally do this, but I had to de-can Paul for the Walgreens thing and Kyle for the wave thing.

It's okay, I can take it. I went for the easy laugh. But I sense this is not the first time you've seen this comparison and it's become something of a sore spot for you. Try to take the long view. Back in the 70s the Astros uniform was a laughing stock. I think it's the coolest uniform ever.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: MLB 2013
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2013, 07:53:29 pm »

Oh, the 'stros uniforms rocked. I liked when the upper deck of the Astrodome was done in the same color scheme.

You know what was a laughing stock? The year the White Sox wore shorts. http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/thewhitesoxshorts.htm
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: MLB 2013
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2013, 08:24:53 pm »

Oh, the 'stros uniforms rocked. I liked when the upper deck of the Astrodome was done in the same color scheme.

The seat colors came before the uniforms.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: MLB 2013
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2013, 05:01:59 pm »

I think it's the coolest uniform ever.
My first little league team wore that uniform.  I think it scarred me.
Yeah, I know both cort and jaydub don't necessarily follow the big 4 sports
I wouldn't care much if the NBA went away, and MLB lost me after the 1994 strike.  I was a diehard A's fan, and interested Giants observer up to that point.  I still enjoy minor league games.  I've never been to a pro hockey game; and IMO the game doesn't come across on TV well.  I'm a dedicated NFL fan however.  As in, a Combine-watching, draft-following, 32-team interested fan.  I'm deeply committed to the 49'ers and fair-weather with regard to the Raiders, viscerally repulsed by the Dallas Cowboys, and delighting in the misfortunes of the Rams.  The departure of Amendola relieves me of considerable cognitive dissonance, as I liked him as a player despite his association with the Rams. 
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: MLB 2013
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2013, 08:00:36 pm »

32-team interested fan.

Yeah! That's what I am as well. I can't manage to give a fuck about the Texans, but I have enjoyed watching them play these past two seasons. Although, it's tough watching them with around a bunch of rose colored glasses wearing Texans fans, particularly my roommate.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: MLB 2013
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2013, 09:02:46 pm »

Hey, question for the Mets fans, I know we have a couple. If I want to go to the Phillies-Mets game on Sunday, July 21 (which is Dwight Gooden bobblehead day as well), I should probably buy tickets in advance, eh? Or is there a buyer-friendly secondary market on StubHub?

Where's good to sit at Citi Field? I like "good value for the money" rather than "pay through the nose and sit real close" or "sit a zillion miles away in the cheap seats."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: MLB 2013
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2013, 09:20:19 pm »

Hey, question for the Mets fans, I know we have a couple. If I want to go to the Phillies-Mets game on Sunday, July 21 (which is Dwight Gooden bobblehead day as well), I should probably buy tickets in advance, eh? Or is there a buyer-friendly secondary market on StubHub?

Where's good to sit at Citi Field? I like "good value for the money" rather than "pay through the nose and sit real close" or "sit a zillion miles away in the cheap seats."

Funny you should ask, I'll be in NYC next Saturday and was thinking about catching the game that night. Not sure about it because I'll be flying in from Europe just a few hours before the game, but I'm interested in the same information.

It's probably a stretch to call me a Mets fan but they are definitely my favorite NL team. And if you get a chance, try to snag an extra Doc Gooden bobblehead and I'll buy it from you. I kind of worshipped the '86 Mets.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: MLB 2013
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2013, 12:13:13 pm »

I didn't end up going to the Mets game so can't give you any information. I did see the Book of Mormon musical and can recommend that, but it'll cost you way more.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: MLB 2013
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2013, 01:49:26 pm »

And just like that your Banana Town Scones move from the basement to playoff position.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: MLB 2013
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2013, 12:51:59 pm »

Well of COURSE Bryce Harper hit a home run in his first at-bat back off the DL. Yes, of course he did.

Hopefully this is a sign that the Nats will get their shit together and make a run in the second half.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: MLB 2013
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2013, 02:52:55 am »

Its a race to the bottom in the NL West.  I take cold comfort that the Dodgers suck almost as much as the Giants at this stage.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up