Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Dog Has No Nose.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mister Band  (Read 3526 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Mister Band
« on: April 17, 2013, 01:45:57 am »

I just happened to find myself rereading the Mister Band Saga on Achewood. I don't really have anything clever to say about it, but it really made me literally laugh out loud. I just wanted to mention it as a reminder that Achewood is the funniest web comic ever.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Mister Band
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 02:00:55 am »

That's genius. I didn't remember that at all. Maybe it's time to re-read the whole archive.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Mister Band
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 02:58:22 am »

I think of that line every time I listen to The Men. Good music, played well by men.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Mister Band
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 03:06:06 am »

Hm. I see. This is like women's television. You feel as though you are not being heard.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Mister Band
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 04:38:29 am »

splut splut splut splut splut splut splut splut
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Mister Band
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 07:25:19 pm »

Hey guys, long time no read.

Yeah when I saw the whole animation thing I wanted to go back and re-reread through the archive too, so many forgotten jokes in there that are probably fresh again.  Gonna take a few days, plus all that wasted time waiting for the alt-text to pop up.

Since Achewood died went into its coma, I basically haven't read any comics at all.  Maybe that's for the best, though.
Logged
ACHIEVE

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Mister Band
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 08:34:41 pm »

"Nice Pete's in the band? Who Else? Please tell me a cop and a doctor."
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Mister Band
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 09:04:23 pm »

Please help me with the chronology. I do believe that it was after this incident when Nice Pete hooked up with Pat. As we all know Pete was the subservient in that relationship. What I am wondering is... did that stab wound to the head give Nice Pete a mild lobotomy that calmed him down (unfinished final story not withstanding)?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: Mister Band
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 12:35:55 pm »

Did they hook up?  I assumed they were just housemates.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Mister Band
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 01:51:24 pm »

Did they hook up?  I assumed they were just housemates.
You don't hook up with your housemates? Justin said that was a totally normal thing to do...
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Mister Band
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2013, 02:08:50 pm »

Don't date your roommates, don't date your co-workers. I learned both of these things the hard way. DON'T END UP LIKE ME
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Mister Band
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2013, 07:54:29 pm »

I assumed they had hooked up, but I may be wrong. Regardless, they are housemates and Pat is the alpha. So my point is still valid.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up