Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Alright, America. I'm playing the underpants and pants game. If just for one more day.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: One song for your Life  (Read 2662 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Asherdan

  • Flavor-Flav's Blinking Tooth
  • Mod Squad
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 678
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
    • View Profile
One song for your Life
« on: May 01, 2013, 10:58:16 pm »

« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 05:06:57 pm by Asherdan »
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: One song for your Life
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 10:59:29 pm »

mrs|choop and i do a hell of a cover
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: One song for your Life
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 01:02:35 am »

Shove it up your nose and all.

Elvis is straight up rocking out! That was frikkin' awesome!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: One song for your Life
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 01:07:28 am »

mrs|choop and i do a hell of a cover

It's funny to me when you see someone as young that you first knew as old.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: One song for your Life
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 02:27:20 am »

Ooo, that is a good question. I'm going to have to give it some thought.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: One song for your Life
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 02:49:40 am »

A cover of a cover. I love the song anyway, but it beats out a lot of other contenders because it matches my vocal range exceptionally well.

And there's the crazy bit at the end where you can really belt it out, that's completely satisfying. I've done this one at karaoke before and it's always a blast.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: One song for your Life
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 04:19:49 am »

Bridge • Over • Troubled • Water

(Of course my version would get me impaled, but this is the one I would go out on)
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: One song for your Life
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 07:40:11 am »

I go back and forth between this one and this one.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: One song for your Life
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 07:49:23 am »

Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: One song for your Life
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 12:54:11 pm »

This is waaay too cliche, so I might go for this or this for a ballad.

I'm actually trying to learn to sing this without much success.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: One song for your Life
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2013, 03:52:38 pm »

Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: One song for your Life
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2013, 09:17:14 pm »

I can rock the living hell out of this one.

I love this song, and a handful of other Killers songs, but man do I hate me some Brandon Flowers somethin' fierce. I loathe this video.

The thing about this song though is that it makes me feel a little sick. Personal association. But it's fuck*ng awesome.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: One song for your Life
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2013, 01:06:11 pm »

Our acoustic duo is going to pick up "All These Things That I've Done." That bridge is just made to have a crowd sing along.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: One song for your Life
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2013, 06:07:53 pm »

"Tempo Perdido" by Legião Urbana: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OJ25tcmXC4

or

"Último Romance" by Los Hermanos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w3uAKabfFg
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: One song for your Life
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2013, 04:48:50 am »

Oh, Yeah.

What?  I have zero singing talent.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up