Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Making money from art is not vulgar. Art is a commodity. It makes people feel something. It raises the greater sum of human happiness. It increases the gaiety of the nation. It has a value. -John Allison

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Watching the Weight  (Read 28034 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Watching the Weight
« on: January 14, 2004, 07:19:54 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"


And for those who will inevitably wonder but be afraid to ask, I hope to go from 157 to 130.  


If you do that you'll be half my weight, Tiny.

Knickers?  Your mother-in-law is a golfer?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Watching the Weight
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2004, 11:54:47 pm »

Well, ##### is censored.  

And I'm probably half your height, too.  ;)
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Watching the Weight
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2004, 02:37:36 am »

You're just a regular little spinner, aren't you?

I'm 6'2", so that would make you 3'1", Tinker Bell.

All kidding aside, good luck with the diet.  I'm trying to drop about 30 myself.  Are you working out?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Watching the Weight
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2004, 05:16:53 pm »

Does knockin' boots count as a workout?  ;)

Actually I'm 5'6 1/2."  So I'm trying to get down to my pre-engagement weight before I start poppin' out the babies.  It's a race against time.  

Not really, but it sounds more exciting when you put it that way...
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Watching the Weight
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2004, 06:52:08 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
poppin' out the babies.


Things I will not be involved in for $200, Alex.

I've considered getting back down to my wrestling weight, but 103–119 pounds just doesn't sound healthy anymore.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Watching the Weight
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2004, 06:57:15 pm »

eep.  Wrestlers are almost never healthy.  

Often hott, but seldom healthy.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Watching the Weight
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2004, 08:52:29 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"


Actually I'm 5'6 1/2."


Bummer, I was hoping you really were half his height, and we could be the club of little short women who quit their jobs lately.

Well, OK, I'm a little better than half his height.  Really, within the normal range of heights for women.  And I don't appreciate being asked "Normal for what country?" or "Are you rounding up?"
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Watching the Weight
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2004, 09:28:53 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
eep.  Wrestlers are almost never healthy.  

Often hott, but seldom healthy.


Yes'm, my last boyfriend was a wrestler in his high school years, but one of the veryvery built ones.

Me, I'm the tall spindly type, though the idea of actually disclosing my height and weight on a message board seems a little.... well, I'm not into it.
Logged
goose means greedy

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Watching the Weight
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2004, 10:28:45 pm »

Talking of half height...



They're about knee height to the human characters by the way.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Watching the Weight
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2004, 10:32:57 pm »

Explanation required, Mr Slink - is this a game? It looked like a photo at first, and then I noticed also the perspective of the shot....some kind of game where miniature samurai run around slashing at your calves?
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Watching the Weight
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2004, 11:16:45 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
some kind of game where miniature samurai run around slashing at your calves?


Final Fantasy XI. I'm playing Fink, who is my second character, thus no Slink.
And although the Taru-Taru, or munchkins, are usually best as mage's, they can be samurai yes.

And they do look awfully cute waving little swords at monsters 10 times their size.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Watching the Weight
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2004, 11:31:58 pm »

A few friends of mine and I were briefly tempted to band together and start a Taru Taru Dragoon legion, poinging across the scenery on our spears.

Anyway, I am a fat midget and have basically no inclination to change this, but good luck to those attempting to lose weight.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Watching the Weight
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2004, 11:37:38 pm »

Aaaaahhh.  The game talk has escaped to the kitchen.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Watching the Weight
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2004, 01:18:08 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Aaaaahhh.  The game talk has escaped to the kitchen.


Which begs the question: why is there not an Iron Chef RPG
Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Watching the Weight
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2004, 01:43:52 am »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"

Which begs the question: why is there not an Iron Chef RPG

No! It doesn't beg the question! It RAISES the question. Begging the question is a specific kind of logical fallacy in which the conclusion is one of the premisses!

Oh, and I'm back from a long and hella-depression induced hiatus. And I'm feeling much better, thank you.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Up