Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You might, rabbit

You might.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Man, You Guys...  (Read 2574 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Asherdan

  • Flavor-Flav's Blinking Tooth
  • Mod Squad
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 678
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
    • View Profile
Man, You Guys...
« on: May 23, 2013, 04:28:14 pm »


« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 10:53:04 pm by Asherdan »
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Man, You Guys...
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 04:41:18 pm »

What, no way? Sorry dude! Do Over!!! Celebrate again!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Man, You Guys...
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 04:48:44 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Man, You Guys...
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 05:52:47 pm »

Oh! Thanks guys. I spent the day getting back to my family in Charlotte. Delicious shrimp dinner and a big nap. Tonight my grandparents, aunts and uncles and cousins all arrive, so we're doing a real Burton Family (actually they are my mom's family, so not Burtons) birthday dinner. Tacos and chocolate cake. Then, my sister will graduate from high school.

A good week.

Tuesday a very nice girl bought me a birthday drink but it wasn't a date. Schrodinger's Date Box opened and inside was a bizarre not-date yet not-not-date quantum monster. The more we tried to examine it under a microscope the more slippery it got. It turns out you can't figure out whether the girl likes you with observational science... you have to get experimental.

Last night I stayed up late with my sister talking about life. She informed me that my problem is that I give a shit what other people think, so clearly she is on the track to achieve her dreams in life. Unfortunately we are all missing my brother, who is in New Zealand through the summer.

Yesterday going through my desk I found my grandpa's "Ford 300 Club" pin from when he sold 300 cars in a year. I checked eBay and that ish is worth like $200. I am being encouraged to sell it since I never met him and no one else in my family cares about it. But I am a born sucker when it comes to weird nostalgia.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Man, You Guys...
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 07:12:41 pm »

No one said anything about my birthday either. Not that I noticed or cared or cried in my alone space or anything.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Man, You Guys...
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 07:14:15 pm »

We need to appoint a social chairperson or something.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Man, You Guys...
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 08:14:29 pm »

I nominate inev.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Man, You Guys...
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 08:18:54 pm »

I kind of figured we weren't doing birthday threads lately because of Facebook
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Man, You Guys...
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2013, 09:16:37 pm »

You're wrong, social chair. It is like being Block Captain, but with more meaning.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Man, You Guys...
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 02:49:57 am »

Meeeeeaning.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Man, You Guys...
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2013, 08:06:26 am »

Is Inev a community organiser now?

Happy birthday Inev, I wouldn't sell the pin either. Family is weird like that.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Man, You Guys...
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2013, 06:24:52 pm »

I nominate Paul for community organizer. Nothing against inev, but Paul seems to start most of the birthday threads anyway.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: [1]   Go Up