Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You might, rabbit

You might.

Poll

Starting a new lo-fi tape project with some guys from around town. Which name is best? Going for something that isn't too "obvious"

Moses Spark
- 0 (0%)
Toldweaver & Sons (this is kind of an inside joke I guess)
- 1 (14.3%)
ZZ Mop and his Carolina Dogzz
- 2 (28.6%)
"Free" Bird
- 1 (14.3%)
New Mister
- 0 (0%)
Plaid Sock
- 1 (14.3%)
other suggestion
- 2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7


Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Starting a new band  (Read 1735 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Starting a new band
« on: August 14, 2013, 05:40:42 am »

JK JK happy birthday LFM! Hope you have a great day.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Starting a new band
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 05:48:32 am »

Thank you, man!

I am... making some progress, sellling the e-publishing license to a short story I wrote years ago to the woman who e-published that Christmas thing I wrote last year for significantly more bread and half the action after that, gonna get paid to host an open mic next week, things like that but... a new dating life and a steady day job would be nice birthday gifts too!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Starting a new band
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 07:32:19 am »

Happy birthday old man. For your birthday the best present you can give yourself is to go find yourself a new girl and not take it too seriously.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Starting a new band
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 01:44:42 pm »

Geez Inev don't mess with an old lady, I was considering that question very seriously.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Starting a new band
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 02:28:58 am »

The correct name depends on the genre of the music, maaan.

Happy Birthday, LFM.  Keep on truckin'.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Starting a new band
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 02:55:57 am »

I am so proud of "Free" Bird. Just typing it made me chortle again.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Starting a new band
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 02:57:58 am »

I almost voted for that one.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Starting a new band
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2013, 12:04:54 am »

Happy birthday, Mike!
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up