Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Wife upset because I kept her up all night playing World of Snorecraft.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving to Phoenix (making a lot of big life decisions)  (Read 1472 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Moving to Phoenix (making a lot of big life decisions)
« on: August 14, 2013, 05:47:04 am »

Anyone know anything about Phoenix? Anything I should know?


(jk jk happy very belated Miles we didn't forget you I'm just bad at doing actions)

(really though what's up with Phoenix you have mentioned a few times recently how much it sucks but I don't know if you have said why)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Moving to Phoenix (making a lot of big life decisions)
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 07:29:32 am »

Phoenix has more people than their water supply can support. Eventually they are all going to die of thirst, but in the meantime they still keep watering their lawns.

Once I was passing through Phoenix late at night and happened upon an arena where I concert had let out. Turns out it was Nine Inch Nails. I started talking to three kids who were waiting in the parking. Two of their girlfriends had somehow managed to find their way onto Trent Reznor's bus. I made them feel bad by telling them repeatedly that Reznor was fuck*ng their girlfriends. That was kinda mean.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Moving to Phoenix (making a lot of big life decisions)
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 02:33:34 am »

Cheers for Miles and his belated birthday!

Jeers for our negligent social chairman.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Moving to Phoenix (making a lot of big life decisions)
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 04:27:38 pm »

I, for one, welcome the opportunity to belatedly wish Miles a happy birthday.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Moving to Phoenix (making a lot of big life decisions)
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 05:53:04 pm »

I find your Miles intriguing and wish to subscribe to your belated birthday newsletter.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Moving to Phoenix (making a lot of big life decisions)
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 05:48:06 pm »

Hey, thanks dudes.

As for Phoenix, I have a couple problems. The worst thing about the place is it's too damn hot. Sure, the winters are nice but so are the winters in Tucson, Vegas and SoCal. Beyond that, the city is a huge hot ugly fuck*ng mess of urban sprawl. Same problem I have with parts of the Inland Empire (like Riverside) and Vegas. But the IE is right next to paradise and Vegas, well I really don't like Vegas all that much either. Only in small doses and only at night. You could say Tucson is sprawl-y, but it's much smaller and prettier and weirder. Has more character, whatever that means.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner
Pages: [1]   Go Up