Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fnord.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository  (Read 7339 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2013, 05:47:47 am »

if there are another six strips in the next two months i will buy a hat made of something edible and consume it after cooking it.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

sensate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 111
    • View Profile
Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2013, 02:56:30 am »

It's like he got his voice back. The two previous installments were tortured cries for harm. This one is by the guy who wrote Achewood.
Logged

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2013, 09:04:30 am »

if there are another six strips in the next two months i will buy a hat made of something edible and consume it after cooking it.

I'm holding you to this
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

jsv

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12
    • View Profile
Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2013, 11:17:00 pm »

if there are another six strips in the next two months i will buy a hat made of something edible and consume it after cooking it.

(I registered just to make this joke...)

A... pork pie hat?
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2013, 03:53:11 am »

Shit.

well, i know how to make a bacon lattice, and a ballcap is an easy enough shape. it's gonna take me a couple weeks to hook up because i just got back from vacation and don't have any fun money left over.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2013, 12:20:07 pm »

It can be cheap bacon, you know. It'll be just as much fun for us.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2013, 03:26:20 pm »

It can be cheap bacon, you know. It'll be just as much fun for us.

I would contribute to a Kickstarter for this.  Or, hell, come my next grocery trip I'll just buy extra bacon and mail it.  Now that I live in North Carolina (DID I MENTION THAT I LIVE HERE NOW?), bacon is practically free. 

Alaskans get that fat oil check once a year.  We get a box of bone-in pork chops delivered to our door by a smiling but weary Emeril Lagasse.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2013, 05:56:37 pm »

Glad you cracked that 666 posts seal, Turbo.  Some folks would suspend their accounts just to keep a particular number.  Which reminds me - Q owes us 2 posts.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2013, 07:32:55 pm »

It can be cheap bacon, you know. It'll be just as much fun for us.

I've always bought the cheap bacon. Last week I splurged and bought the good stuff. It was just as I suspicioned. The cheap stuff is just as good.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2013, 07:49:08 pm »

I buy bacon ends and pieces because they're cheap and I don't care what my bacon looks like so long as I'm the one that's eating it.  Sometimes there's a huge chunk of pure bacon fat in there, which is just good news all around if you're saving up for some bacon grease pastry empanadas.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2013, 10:38:37 pm »

I buy bacon ends and pieces because they're cheap and I don't care what my bacon looks like so long as I'm the one that's eating it.  Sometimes there's a huge chunk of pure bacon fat in there, which is just good news all around if you're saving up for some bacon grease pastry empanadas.

Yeah, I used to buy the ends and pieces too, but now it's got maple bacon in it which fucks everything up.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2013, 02:01:06 pm »

I buy bacon ends and pieces because they're cheap and I don't care what my bacon looks like so long as I'm the one that's eating it.  Sometimes there's a huge chunk of pure bacon fat in there, which is just good news all around if you're saving up for some bacon grease pastry empanadas.

Trader Joe's sells ends & pieces and they're surprisingly good. I don't know that I'd use that just when I want to eat plain ol' bacon, but in a dish where you need diced/chopped bacon (a nice pasta dish, or a braise where you're laying down some bacon fat before browning your roast), it's friggin' perfect.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2013, 04:24:16 pm »

Maple bacon is an abomination.  If I wanted that shit I'd let my bacon be contaminated by the maple syrup from the waffle or pancakes.  I accidentally picked up a pack of it one day at the store from inattentiveness.  Got out to the car and saw it while I was putting the groceries in the back.  I took it right back inside and exchanged it for thick-cut applewood smoked.  Damn, now I'm hungry.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2013, 04:30:54 pm »

you know what's good? chipotle bacon. mix up like a quarter cup of brown sugar and half a teaspoon (or more) of ground chipotle, then dust your bacon with it and throw it in the oven for about 20 minutes. it's candied a little bit, but not like maple bacon, and it's spicy but nice, kind of like breakfast barbecue
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: August 15, 2013 - Some kind of nightmarish suppository
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2013, 05:33:56 pm »

Glad you cracked that 666 posts seal, Turbo.  Some folks would suspend their accounts just to keep a particular number.  Which reminds me - Q owes us 2 posts.

I thought about sitting on 666 for a bit longer, but I wasn't sure how to call attention to that particular post count without posting about it, and I didn't think far enough in advance to give you all warning at #664 or so.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up