Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do you love saying "Canadian bacon"?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Fantasy football '13  (Read 23257 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2013, 04:05:38 pm »

Thanks, I'm in.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2013, 03:38:59 pm »

Is it just me or do we still have an odd number of teams?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2013, 06:09:28 pm »

Is it just me or are we not drafting right now?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2013, 06:36:38 pm »

Looks like draft is Wednesday @ 3
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2013, 07:01:12 pm »

If possible, I am in favor of moving it to tonight.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2013, 07:04:46 pm »

Agreed. Fantasy sports sites are blocked at work and data coverage can be spotty. But I'll work around it if tonight doesn't work.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2013, 07:33:37 pm »

We are stuck at 11 at the moment.  I thought we had a 12th, and we still may.  I have sent the e-mail invite to him twice. 

If somebody else has a candidate, I'll send them an invite too and it's first come, first served as far as I'm concerned.

I just reset the draft for late on Wednesday to give us more time.  We can reschedule it for whenever we want.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2013, 02:05:05 am »

If we dont have head-to-head play, will an odd number work?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2013, 01:42:42 pm »

Agreed. Fantasy sports sites are blocked at work and data coverage can be spotty. But I'll work around it if tonight doesn't work.

Problem with moving it to tonight is that it'll be tough to get it late enough to satisfy you west-coasters.  I don't want to go much later than 9 on the east coast, which is just 6 for you guys.  But if 9 eastern 6 pacific is an improvement, let me know and I'll switch it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2013, 06:09:29 pm »

Doesn't seem like anyone else is clamoring for it and having it in an hour gives me an excuse to get out of the office. I just hope the app doesn't give me any issues.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2013, 06:20:22 pm »

It shall remain as is!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2013, 06:31:13 pm »

I may well be auto-drafting, as I've got a gazillion meetings this afternoon. Don't worry about me though, stick with the current time if it works for everyone else.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2013, 06:42:40 pm »

ANOTHER CHANGE!!!

I can't logon to the draft application at work, and it seems my phone won't run the mobile app. 

DRAFT IS NOW 9pm EDT/ 6PM PDT.

Sorry.  I apparently can't organize a two car parade.


Nevermind.  Too late.

Guess I'll autodraft.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2013, 09:48:10 pm »

I did absolutely terrible in the draft. Yahoo even felt it was imperative to send me a scorecard "D" to make sure I knew it. I look forward to canning most of my team.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy football '13
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2013, 03:25:35 am »

I drafted two guys who'll be out most of the season.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up